Divine Galatea granted the Right of Annulment to all the Grand Clerics of the Chantry in 2:83 Glory after an abomination slaughtered all mages and templars in Nevarran Circle. Normally, the Right can only be invoked by a Grand Cleric or a de facto successor (Revered Mother); if there is no access to a Grand Cleric or Revered Mother, then Knight-Commanders of the Templar Order have legal authority to invoke the Right. Depending on the exact circumstances and how long it takes the relevant Grand Cleric to respond, the Right can be invoked but not carried out.
By the beginning of the Fifth Blight, the Right has been invoked 17 times. The Right was requested three more times between 9:30 and 9:40 Dragon, and was carried out in at least two of these instances.
Known uses of the Right of Annulment
- 9:30 Dragon: The Circle of Magi in Ferelden (during Broken Circle). Knight-Commander Greagoir sends a request to Grand Cleric Elemena but depending on the Warden's actions, it can be called off before it is authorized.
- 9:37 Dragon: The Circle of Magi in Kirkwall (during the Kirkwall Rebellion)
- 9:40 Dragon: The Cicle of Magi in Dairsmuid, Rivain
See alsoCodex entry: The Right of Annulment
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 181
- ↑ Codex entry: The Right of Annulment
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 81
- ↑ David Gaider's Forum posts 1 and Forum posts 2
- ↑ Dragon Age: Asunder. Chapter 22. p. 406
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 102