A small group of Inquisition soldiers were dispatched to investigate a Dwarven port on the Storm Coast that is currently being held by red templars. The port gives the red templars a foothold in the region. The soldiers have cleared the way to storm the port.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Head to the marked Red Templars stronghold on the Storm Coast, located northwest of the Driftwood Margin Inquisition Camp; the door that was originally locked will now be ajar. Follow the linear path through the cave out to the shoreline, then back into the stronghold, destroying one of the Red Lyrium deposits along the way.
The path will end at the Daerwin's Mouth landmark. Backtrack to the last corner prior to the landmark to find a breach in the northern wall. That passage leads to a larger cave with two two-story buildings, patrolled by Red Templars.
From the lower level, a door will lead to a passage heading to a broken bridge containing a Red Lyrium deposit and an Elven Artifact. Continuing through the upper level, where another breach in a wall can be found, will lead to a separate room that connects to a suspended bridge. On the other side of the river, descend the stairs and check the broken bridge for another Red Lyrium deposit.
There is a Red Templar Horror carrying a key needed to access the following area. Once the key has been obtained follow the path opposite the broken bridge which will lead into a larger cave leading out to the shore. Defeat the last group of Red Templars to complete the quest and destroy the final Red Lyrium deposit.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 512 XP
- Influence 200
- Power 2
Results[edit | edit source]
- Unlocks war table operation Restore the Port on the Storm Coast.
- Once the quest is completed, a new landmark appears on the map. The claimable landmark uses the Point of Interest map icon, while the one unlocked at the end of the quest uses the Town icon which can be used as a way-point for fast travel.
- Access to Dragon Island becomes available via the row boat in the last accessible section of Daerwin's Mouth.
Notable items[edit | edit source]
- Four Red Lyrium deposits for Varric's companion quest Seeing Red.
- The Daerwin's Mouth landmark can be claimed on the first broken bridge encountered.
- A Dwarven Banner Crown can be obtained from a box in a room on the lower level of the first building after encountering the Behemoth and claiming the landmark.
- An Elven Artifact sensed by Solas in the passage to the broken bridge from the lower level of the first building found after the Daerwin's Mouth landmark; see side quest Measuring the Veil.
- The Red Templar Key looted from a Red Templar Horror, needed to access the final area in Daerwin's Mouth.