Questioning Beliefs is a companion quest for Sebastian in Dragon Age II. It requires The Exiled Prince downloadable content. Unlike most companion quests, it may be completed during either Act 2 or Act 3.
The quest becomes available at 50% friendship or rivalry.
Hawke overhears Sebastian talking to Elthina:
- I'm giving it all up! I made a vow to the Chantry, and it was wrong to turn my back.The ensuing conversation with Hawke is almost identical for a friend and a rival: Sebastian expresses his wish to stay with the Chantry rather than to retake Starkhaven.
- Sebastian, listen to yourself. You're as impulsive now as the day you turned away from us. Do you think the Maker wants another rashly-spoken vow that you'll abandon when the next passion takes you?
- I will not-
- This is your life, child. Don't spend it being blown about like a weathervane. But here's Hawke. Maybe you can talk some sense into him. (friend) or And here's Hawke. Come to goad you into further heroics, no doubt. (rival)
A female Hawke can flirt with Sebastian in this conversation; he says that he's tempted but he took an oath to take no bride but Andraste (if you suggest one night together instead of marriage he says that he has enough sins to atone for).
The last set of choices is the only one that affects his approval:
- "You belong in the Chantry." Sebastian: friendship (+15)
- "You must take Starkhaven!" Sebastian: rivalry (+15)
In both cases Sebastian replies that he cannot return to Starkhaven - and subject his people to war - without a clear sign that it's the Maker's will.
- If the conversation takes place in Act 3 rather than Act 2, Sebastian adds that "Kirkwall does well enough with no one in the viscount's seat."
- If The Starkhaven Longbow is active at the same time, Questioning Beliefs will trigger first.
- If Faith is active at the same time, Faith will trigger first.