Questioning Beliefs is a companion quest for Sebastian in Dragon Age II. It requires The Exiled Prince downloadable content. Unlike most companion quests, it may be completed during either Act 2 or Act 3.
The quest becomes available at 50% friendship or rivalry.
Hawke overhears Sebastian talking to Elthina:
- I'm giving it all up! I made a vow to the Chantry, and it was wrong to turn my back.The ensuing conversation with Hawke is almost identical for a friend and a rival: Sebastian expresses his wish to stay with the Chantry rather than to retake Starkhaven. The last set of choices is the only one that affects his approval:
- Sebastian, listen to yourself. You're as impulsive now as the day you turned away from us. Do you think the Maker wants another rashly-spoken vow that you'll abandon when the next passion takes you?
- I will not-
- This is your life, child. Don't spend it being blown about like a weathervane. But here's Hawke. Maybe you can talk some sense into him. (friend) or And here's Hawke. Come to goad you into further heroics, no doubt. (rival)
- "You belong in the Chantry." Sebastian: friendship (+15)
- "You must take Starkhaven!" Sebastian: rivalry (+15)
In both cases Sebastian replies that he cannot return to Starkhaven - and subject his people to war - without a clear sign that it's the Maker's will.
- If the conversation takes place in Act 3 rather than Act 2, Sebastian adds that "Kirkwall does well enough with no one in the viscount's seat."
- If The Starkhaven Longbow is active at the same time, Questioning Beliefs will trigger first.