Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- The character makes three blows against a target, dealing normal damage for the first two strikes and generating critical hits for the final blow with both weapons, if they connect. The target will suffer penalties of -10 attack and -10 defense for 20 seconds and be knocked to the ground if it fails to pass a physical resistance check against the attacker's strength attribute.
- Conjuration time: 1s.
- 90 additional threat is supposed to be drawn from the target. As of Patch 1.02, only damage-based threat is drawn.
- Activation base is in stamina and values vary with fatigue%.
- There are actually four blows. The last blow is an attack with both weapons the character has equipped. Both attacks are critical hits. This makes this talent much stronger than it may seem at first glance, and since both weapons are used, this is very effective in the hands of rogues/warriors who dual wield waraxes (or any other full-sized weapon).
- Each of the 4 hits can result in the attack/defense debuff (there are 4 separate checks), only the last two criticals can cause the knockdown effect.
- Non-humanoid targets (e.g., dragons, ogres) can not be knocked down with this talent as they possess immunity to the knockdown effect.
- The first two hits can be critical hits.
- Punisher's applied penalties do not stack with themselves.
- On the PC version of Dragon Age: Origins, there is an achievement for killing 50 enemies using Punisher.