A letter found on a corpse said: "Three times around the crowned statue, right hand close enough to brush the stone itself, and the spirits will listen." Doing so will apparently bring back someone's grandfather. The letter writer must really miss him.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The moss-covered statue holding a crown is found in the Avvar Blade Valley, next to the Thelm Gold-Handed, the Tempter landmark. Move around the statue clock-wise three times to spawn the Grandfather's corpse from the nearby grave.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing the quest yields:
- 44 XP
- Influence 40
Killing the corpse yields:
Note texts[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a logging stand near the corpse.
- There is a node just past the statue.
- xbox360 It is relatively easier to circle the stone using the left thumbstick, instead of rotating the camera with the right thumbstick while running.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The "Grandfather" may not spawn for unknown reasons.
- If an animal or enemy kills the "Grandfather", the quest will remain unfinished and quest Journal.
- After killing the “Grandfather”, the quest does not progress properly due to incapacitating it on the killing blow.