Received at the start of Act 2.
Speak to Varric in his room in The Hanged Man.
Hawke's first response concerning their future plans has no effect on approval:
- "Just taking care of my family." (Top Left)
- "Politics I think" (Top right)
- "I'd like to buy a business" (middle right)
- "I want a title." (bottom right)
Hawke's second response concerning heading back to Ferelden has the following effects:
- 'Helpful' response Varric: friendship (+5)
- 'Humorous' response Varric: friendship (+5)
- 'Direct' response Varric: rivalry (+10)
- Even if Varric is not spoken to at all until All That Remains is completed (he can still be brought on quests), the dialogue for "Just taking care of my family" doesn't change. This is likely an oversight, or indicates that Varric's narrative of the story places quests in a particular order, regardless of how and when the player completes them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.