Philliam Bernard Aloicious Trevelyan is a Free Marcher from House Trevelyan. He is better known as Philliam, a Bard! and is responsible for a number of literary works found across Thedas. He is rarely cited as the author, most often being responsible for collections, translations, or excerpts.
Involvement[edit | edit source]
Dragon Age: Tevinter Nights[edit | edit source]
Genitivi Dies in the End
By special commission of the Inquisition's Inner Circle, Philliam, (Foremerly) Sister Laudine, his occasional lover, and Brother Genitivi are sent on an expedition to the Silent Plains to find the true history of the elven pantheon. They are accompanied by Mateo, a Lord of Fortune.
In his retelling of their adventure, Philliam says that they found an elven library that "fell" into the Deep Roads when Arlathan "fell". The Antaam arrives soon after them, led by Rasaan, in search of the Dread Wolf's true name. As she interrogates the prisoners on their real names, Laudine reveals herself as a mage and attacks. In the confusion, Philliam, Genitivi, Laudine, and Mateo escape to the surface. Rasaan gives chase across the Silent Plains. Laudine succeeds in stopping her by using magic to collapse the Imperial Highway, but the exertion leaves her Tranquil. Philliam and Genitivi are mortally wounded while writing the report to the Inquisition. Mateo, sole survivor of their expedition, eventually sends the report on to Varric Tethras.Philliam, Genitivi, and Laudine are in fact not dead or Tranquil, but hiding from Rasaan with Mateo in Rivain. Genitivi notes that Philliam took many liberties in his manuscript. They decide to keep writing their warnings, but under different names.
Known works[edit | edit source]
- A Disposable Walking Tour of the Capital 
- A History Not of Heroes: Readings in the Ugly Heart of Change 
- Art and Shame: Forbidden Wonders of Faith 
- Comments of an unnamed Grey Warden 
- The Champion: History, Ancient and Current 
- Gurn, Voices of Working Caravans 
- Oer Gyoja Jethvis 
- On the Glassworks of the Marquisate of Serault 
- Orlesian Legacy: How Institutions of the Oppressors Linger 
- Rebels of the Marches: Allegory in Rebellion 
- Small Legends: Of Nugs and Foxes 
- Song of Old Marches: The Death of Goodman Ser Austice at the Hand of the Reaver Shius 
- We Need Not Demons: Our Dangerous World 
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Brother Genitivi considers him a thief for, among other things, reducing his work of Fereldan heraldic history down to a twenty-page collection of cautionary but enticing excerpts.
- Philliam is a distant relative of a human Inquisitor.
References[edit | edit source]