- The character lashes out with the shield three times. All hits are critical hits. If the last strike connects, the target is knocked down unless it passes a physical resistance check vs the attacker's strength attribute.
- If the target is knocked down, they are also dazed for 10 seconds, reducing attack and defence by 5.
- Shield Mastery causes all damage rolls to be maximized (highest roll on the weapon's damage range). However, due to inconsistencies in their implementation, shields have a base damage of 5 and 'maximum' damage of 0, which results in Shield Mastery actually causing the damage to be reduced.
- Conjuration time: 1s.
- 100 additional Threat is supposed to be drawn from the target. As of Patch 1.02, only damage-based Threat is drawn.
- Activation base is in Stamina and values vary with fatigue%.
- The tooltip is incorrect. All three hits are criticals.
- It’s worthy to note the amazing synergy Overpower has with Cone of Cold/ Petrify: as of patch 1.05, to the contrary to what the combat mechanics page seems to claim, it is possible to shatter lieutenant-ranked creatures, as demonstrated in this video. The chance of shattering a lieutenant creature on Nightmare difficulty is 5%. Now, Overpower generates three quick auto-crits into the same target, out of which, at least one needs to succeed. Consequently, the overall chance to shatter a lieutenant enemy on Nightmare difficulty with Overpower is 14.26%.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.