This is where the Paragon Branka took her entire House in order to search for the Anvil of the Void. It was the birthplace of the great Paragon Caridin and he preferred it to the Thaig he was given when he became a Paragon.
In order to unlock this area, you must first traverse Caridin's Cross. It is populated by Spirits, Spiders and Golems. Ruck can be found in the north-eastern area near the bridges. Talking to him nets some information about Branka, and is also necessary to complete the quest A Mother's Hope.
The final resting place for the An Admirable Topsider is also in this Thaig.
You can find a place of power for the Places of Power quest next to the altar of sunder (it's nearby Ruck; you've got two bridges on the other side of the river, altar is before the bridge which is located lower).
- Ruck The first time you encounter him he will just hold a brief dialog with The Warden, then he'll run away and a lot of Giant Spiders will be summoned around you.
- Fade Beast When on the quest Asunder and using the Altar of Sundering to summon him.
- Genlocks (Darkspawn,Normal)
- Genlock Emissarys (Darkspawn,Normal)
- Hurlocks (Darkspawn,Normal)
- Thaig Crawler (Animal,Critter)
- Giant Spiders (Animal,Normal)
- Poisonous Spiders (Animal,Normal)
- Giant Poisonous Spider (Animal,Lieutenant)
- Ogre (Darkspawn,Lieutenant)
- Shriek Alpha (Darkspawn,Lieutenant) (Assassin)
- Stone Golem (Golem,Lieutenant)
- Indignant Spirit (Dwarf,Normal) Ranged
- Forgotten Spirit (Dwarf,Normal) Melee - Weapon and Shield
- Enraged Spirit (Dwarf,Normal) Melee - Two Handed Weapon.
- Corrupted Spider (Animal,Boss)
- Corrupted Spider Queen (Animal,Boss)
- Fade Beast (Demon, Boss) Optional, when on the quest Asunder and choosing to fight the demon.
Items and Codex EntriesCodex Entry: Topsiders Honor, source: Warrior's Grave Topsider's Pommel
A weighted pommel of obviously fine elven make. A partial inscription glows faintly in the presence of lyrium, but remains unreadable.
, source: Vase, giving the quest An Admirable Topsider Codex Entry: Caridin's Journal, source: Book