In ancient times the dwarven empire spanned the length and breadth of Thedas, encompassed by innumerable thaigs. It was in this age of expansion and greatness that Orseck Garal ruled while on the surface the Tevinter Imperium was rapidly growing in power as well.
After King Orseck died he was succeeded by his ally and friend Endrin Stonehammer as the new ruler of the empire. Stonehammer established a trade alliance with Archon Darinius, a move which was supported by Orseck before his death. At -1170 Ancient (25 TE), due to Kal-Sharok's close proximity to Tevinter, Endrin Stonehammer moved the capital of the empire to Orzammar as a result of the internal turmoil caused in the Imperium following the Archon's death and also to boost commerce with the surface. While Stonehammer is attributed for moving the capital, some argue that the matter was originally put forth the Assembly by King Orseck and his successor merely enforced the degree.
- Unlike other Paragons who are known by their first names, such as Paragon Aeducan, Garal is known in history as Paragon Garal rather than Paragon Orseck. He is, however, referred to as King Orseck.
- The lore discrepancies about the exact dwarven ruler who is attributed with moving the capital to Orzammar are resolved in Dragon Age: The World of Thedas Volume 2.
See also EditCodex entry: The Paragons
- ↑ Dragon Age (tabletop RPG), Player's Guide, set 2, p. 9
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Codex entry: Orzammar History: Chapter One
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 2, p. 26
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 19
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 37
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 20
- ↑ As the Paragon's statue in the Hall of Heroes appears when highlighted in Dragon Age: Origins.
- ↑ As mentioned by the characters in The Descent DLC of Dragon Age: Inquisition.
| -7601 Ancient|
|Arlathan (0 FA–6625 FA) · Orseck Garal (~6350 FA) · Darinius (†15 TE) · Endrin Stonehammer (†64 TE) · First Blight (800–992 TE) · Aeducan (~800 TE) · Caridin (†947 TE) · Andraste (992–1025 TE) · Dales (1030–1314 TE) · Inquisition (1095–1214 TE) · Emperor Kordillus Drakon I (1159–1239 TE)|| -2 Ancient|
|Timeline · Calendar|
|Ancient Age · Divine Age · Glory Age · Towers Age · Black Age · Exalted Age · Steel Age · Storm Age · Blessed Age · Dragon Age|