No. I will not come home. I know what happened to Haven: I was there. And I am not afraid of death. If none of us are brave enough to stand, then all of us will fall. I am your son. If you trust nothing else, trust me. The Inquisition is our only hope.I also would like to request that you stop using such language to refer to the Inquisitor. It is not what you think. She/He is not trying to replace the Divine, or the Chantry, or become a god.
- No, the rumors are not wrong. The Inquisitor is a Qunari. Yes, with the horns and everything. You should see her/him. I have never seen so inspiring a figure. If you could have seen her/him at Haven, I know you'd believe, too.
- Note: This portion is for a mage Inquisitor.
- I realize it’s difficult for you to understand – knowing the Inquisitor is a mage, after everything that’s happened. But all the mages want is to live as we do: free, without fear. I don’t think that’s too much to ask, and I do believe that the Inquisition can find a way for all of us to live in peace. If Andraste really sent the Herald, choosing a mage would be the best way to send her message of peace and love, don’t you think?
- Note: This portion is for an elven Inquisitor.I know it's hard for you to see an elf in a position of such power, but I think it's time for you to think about why you feel the way you do about them. Don't you remember the stories of Andraste and the elves who helped her? If the Inquisitor is really Andraste's Herald, maybe it's Andraste sending us a message, telling us to let go of our foolish hatreds.
- Note: This portion is for a Human Noble Inquisitor.Yes, the Inquisitor is a noble from Ostwick (look for it on a map). That doesn’t mean she/he doesn’t care about the common people. I was suspicious too, when I first heard. But after everything she/he has done, I am no longer in doubt. The Inquisitor has my loyalty.
I just hope you'll be able to see that this is what I want and what I feel is my duty. I think Mother would be proud, and I know she would want you to be proud of me too.
Your son, and dedicated Inquisition soldier,
This letter is not included in the Codex. The quartermaster's building is not accessible until after the first time returning to Skyhold. The letter can be found as a scroll on a table on the second floor.