Mounts are a mode of transportation available to the Inquisitor in Dragon Age: Inquisition. There are different types of mounts and each gives the rider different bonuses. Some mounts are available only in the Digital Deluxe edition of the game. Companions don't have mounts and disappear while the Inquisitor is mounted. There is no party banter in this mode. The mounts can be changed next to the smith in Haven and SkyHold. 
- Fereldan Forder – the default mount acquired when Master Dennet is hired by the Inquisition.
- Taslin Strider – A refined breed common in the warm climes of Antiva. Suited to long distances and spirited charges.
- Green Dales Feral – A fine example of a breed rarely seen on the field. Descended from stock that escaped during the Qunari incursions in the north.
- Dalish All-Bred – A hardy and sure-footed mount. Fiercely loyal, fully trained examples are highly prized, despite the breed's humble origins.
- Orlesian Courser – Spirited, with a lineage longer than most noble names. The pride of many a chevalier.
- Armored Mount – an armored horse. Available as part of Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition.
- Primal-Trained Longma – Available as bonus content with Collector's Edition Prima Official Game Guide In-Game Content.
- Hunter Shade Dracolisk – A large, four legged lizard. Only available by completing "The Hunter Shade Dracolisk" operation in Orlais, which itself is only unlocked after slaying any of the 10 dragons in the game.
- Red Hart – a mature stag. Available as part of Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition.
- Brecilian Sure-Foot – Silent when it wishes; fearsome when demanded.
- Tirashan Swiftwind – Unnervingly intelligent; willing to "correct" its rider. It will not suffer fools.
- Pride of Arlathan – Wide ranging along what may have been the route of Elven exodus before the Tevinter explansion.
- Wild Hart – Tamed but not broken. Nor could it be.
- Bog Unicorn – an undead horse previously belonging to a bandit. It was killed by a sword piercing its skull. The sword stuck in its head looks similar to a unicorn horn. Available as part of the deluxe edition.
- War Nug – described as a cross between a nug and a water buffalo
- Avvar Mixed Draft – a proud and adaptable variant of the breed; this horse is uniquely trained by a master. Available as part of a Raptr promotion.