Mikhael Dryden is a member of the infamous Dryden family.
Background[edit | edit source]
Unlike the other Drydens who became merchants after Sophia Dryden's failed coup against King Arland, he chose to become a smith instead. Mikhael has learned from the best human smiths and exiled dwarves he can find, and subsequently has evolved into a skilled smith.
Mikhael has some contempt for his kin, as he feels they have let themselves become soft as traders. He will say that he is unlike any of his family and he chose the way of metal and stone instead of being a merchant.
Involvement[edit | edit source]
Mikhael sells weapons and special colored armors and shields at Soldier's Peak after the player completes the Warden's Keep quest. He will also forge a blade out of Meteor Metal Ore, should the player bring him some. The Warden must choose between:
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Unlike other merchants where the tier of the armor and weapons scales with the Warden's level, these items are between level 5 and 7 regardless of the Warden's level.
|1 5 0|
|1 35 0|
|1 31 17|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mikhael sells armor and shields with a unique style and color despite their classical name that only he possesses, and armor will always be the same color no matter the materials used.
- Mikhael can be used to upgrade most weapons and armor, by selling the armor or weapon you wanted to upgrade and buying it back (be sure you have the level to improve the items). Items enchanted with runes cannot be upgraded in this way. Remove any runes before selling any items if you want to upgrade them.
- Be careful using Mikhael to upgrade items, as this can also increase the stat requirements for the item, disabling you from equipping an item you used to use. Also, he may not upgrade some items, forcing you to buy back the exact same item for ten times what you sold it to him for. It is advisable to save before attempting an upgrade.
- Each weapon/armor's page or group listing displays its quality: variable or set tier.
- If you sell items to Mikhael they will always be available in the Buy back section even after leaving and returning to Soldier's Peak.