The artifacts are always hidden in plain sight, using the search feature is the only way to acquire them. Ten artifacts are spread across 5 regions, and can be found at the following locations:
- Maps of the Deep Roads – found at Calenhad's Foothold.
- Pristine Griffon Feather – found in Hafter's Woods, just southeast of the Forest Camp.
- Grey Warden Treaties – found in an abandoned camp in Apostate's Landing, southeast of the Stone Tree landmark; this camp also holds an objective for the quest Wardens of the Coast.
- Warden-Commander's Badge – found in an abandoned hut on the Westridge, east of the Driftwood Margin Camp; this hut also holds an objective for Wardens of the Coast and collection bottle - Vintage: Warden Riordan.
- Grey Warden Tome – found inside the locked room atop the battlements; see side quest Lost Souls.Patron of the Arts song Shred of Blue. A mosaic piece from the Freed Are Slaves collection can also be found inside.
- Grey Warden Banner – found in a corner with some crates in the far right arcade inside Hargrave Keep, opposite the door holding the Inquisition hostages.
- Grey Warden Sword – found atop a wooden tower inside Dustytop Fort; southwest of the Nazaire's Pass Camp, near one of the rifts off the pass.
- Vial of Archdemon Blood – found in the Echoback Fort.
- Joining Chalice – found on an altar in Valeska's Watch.
- Grey Warden Armor – also in Valeska's Watch; found in the same room as the landmark.
- 44 XP
- Influence 40
Finding both artifacts in the Western Approach yields:
- 128 XP
- Influence 80
Finding both artifacts in Emprise du Lion yields:
- 331 XP
- Influence 150
- Blackwall Greatly Approves each time an artifact is found if he is in the active party.
- If Blackwall is not in the party when an artifact is recovered, Blackwall Approves the next time he is spoken to in Haven or Skyhold. He will also state how he would have liked to be present when the Inquisitor had found the artifact.
- Prior to Blackwall's companion quest Revelations, Blackwall will make comments such as: "Good find."; however, his dialog will change afterwards to comments such as: "It feels good to be helping the Wardens, even after everything."