A magister is one of the ruling mageocrats of the Tevinter Imperium. The Chantry teaches that a group of magisters managed to physically enter the Fade and the Golden City of the Maker. As a result it was corrupted, which led to the creation of the darkspawn.
- Harach, the famous creator of the Juggernaut Armor Set.
- Emerius Krayvan, founder of Kirkwall.
- Claudian Vyrantus, who was the last attendant of the Bone Pit and was feared for his cruelty, owner of the Armor of the Overseer.
- Quillan, who served under Claudian and enforced the cruel practices within the Bone Pit in 35 Ancient.
- Talerio, a magister involved in the Imperium's first expedition against the Avvars, and later the Alamarri and Chasind, in 483 TE. Sanctioned the culling of many residents of the Frostbacks and sacked their encampments for trophies.
- Tlaxius, one of the last generals who tried to invade Ferelden and owner of the Staff Of The Magister Lords.
- Corypheus, one of the old magisters who entered the Golden City and became one of the first darkspawn.
It's possible to find a number of artifacts left behind by the magisters throughout Dragon Age: Origins.Robes of the Magister Lords
The mages of the Tevinter Imperium are known for their power--and their recklessness. This robe's former owner was caught in a conflagration of his own making. The robe survived, the mage didn't.
+10% fire resistance
+10% cold resistance Magister's Shield
The air around this simple silver chain seems to shimmer slightly, and the chain itself feels weighty, as if it were something far more substantial.
+12 defense against missiles
+4% spell resistance
-10% nature resistance Amulet of the War Mage
This amulet was forged during the height of the ancient Tevinter Imperium's power, a time when entire armies would flee upon seeing a Tevinter magister stride into battle. While the name Cavellus remains engraved on its back, any memory of the magister who created it has been lost to the mists of time.
+5% fire damage
+5% cold damage
+5% electricity damage
+5% nature damage
+5% spirit damage Staff of the Magister Lord
Dragonbone (Tier 7)
Requires: 36 magic
Damage: 6.40 (Cold)
Armor penetration: 40.00
+2/+4 mana regeneration in combat
+10% spirit damage
+10% fire damage Belt of the Magister Lords
Disks of gold have been linked to form this, each bearing the symbol for a school of magic.
+3 spellpower Magister's Cinch
This was formed from several braided strips of dark material. One feels ice cold to the touch. Another, extremely hot. Yet another seems almost to have a pulse of its own.
+10% to healing effects received
- In Latin magister means master, chief, teacher, warden.
- It's highly possible that The Architect is also an ancient magister since it shares many similarities to Corypheus but that is yet to be confirmed