It is described as a shadow-guild of sorts, wherein members can submit requests relating to either the practice of magic or something more mundane and have them seen to without judgement. This collective manages to work in relative secrecy, their members discreet and their clients anonymous. As of yet, this collective has seen no sanction from the templars, and there has been no sign that its members are practicing magic of which the Maker would not approve. Given the inherent danger in defying the Chantry (and thus risking being labeled an apostate or, worse, maleficarum), it is no surprise that dealing with the Mages' Collective can be risky (if profitable) business.
Leliana may interact with the Collective by slaying some of their members and removing their wealth.
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age: Inquisition
The Collective took it upon themselves to study rifts in the Veil. Your Trainer is sent to Skyhold to teach The Inquisitor the specialisation of Rift Mage, if they are a mage. If the Inquisitor becomes a rift mage, the collective later approaches the Inquisition for a copy of the results from the study. The note may be sent to the collective or the Inquisition may offer to train several collective members in rift magic directly at Skyhold, rather than letting potentially dangerous magical research circulate openly.
Locations of Mages Collective Liaisons & Bags
- Denerim - in the Market District, behind Wade's Emporium.
- Lake Calenhad Docks - by The Spoiled Princess tavern.
- Redcliffe Village - on the dock at the southern end of town.
- 175 XP for each side quest
- 1-5 per side quest, with an additional 95 at random chance (indicated by the liaison when he states, "A little something extra. For friendship.")