In addition to the combat spells, mages have unique Energize ability that allows them to repair various things with magic as well as the ability to light veilfire. They are also the only class of Inquisitor who can sentence a prisoner to the Rite of Tranquility, provided the prisoner is a fellow mage.
Those who can tap into the raw energy of the Fade and block the whispering temptations of demons are truly exceptional. When they turn that mental focus onto the field of war, they can be truly terrifying opponents. Rains of fire, walls of ice, or even the ability to heal allies make up a mage's toolkit. Most employ considerable skills rendering foes not only weakened, but also vulnerable to physical attacks, setting up opportunities for their teammates to exploit.
- Masters of this school of magic dominate the battlefield with unrelenting fire. Enemies who survive the initial blast are driven mad with terror or burn to death in unquenchable flames.
- Masters of this school of magic call upon spirits for protection, as well as the essence of the Fade itself. Their spells disrupt hostile magic, create defensive barriers, and even heal injuries.
- Masters of this school of magic call forth the power of thunder and lightning. Their spells paralyze foes and arc from one enemy to another.
- Masters of this school of magic summon cold that bites deeper than the cruellest winter. Their icy spells slow and weaken enemies.
- These mages specialize in binding the spirits that are drawn to death. They can put the fear of death into enemies, bring spirits to fight on their behalf, and even cause devastating explosions when their enemies die.
- These mages draw upon the force of the Fade, either pulling matter from the Fade to attack or twisting the Veil itself into a weapon to stagger or crush their enemies.