Lyrium is the king of metals. Beneath our feet, it sings. When properly refined, it is a smooth, slightly iridescent, silvery liquid. In the hands of the dwarven Smith Caste, it is mixed with steel to produce indestructible armor and blades that hold an edge for centuries. In the hands of the Shaperate, it becomes a repository for living memories. And some scholars maintain this as evidence that lyrium is, itself, alive.
It finds its most lucrative its application in the hands of the Formari, who use it in conjuctionsic with baser metals like gold, silverite, veridium, or even iron to produce enchantments. Though mages, of course, consume it in a diluted form to bolster their abilities, this is not recommended. Overindulgence in lyrium can have disastrous consequences, particularly in more concentrated amounts. It is not advisable, for instance, that any reader handle raw lyrium, which in many cases can kill on contact.
- 1 (Refined Lyrium) in The Bone Pit during The Bone Pit (quest)
- 1 (Raw Lyrium) in the Runaways' Cavern during Act of Mercy
- 1 in the Tal-Vashoth Cavern during Blackpowder Promise
- 2 (Raw Lyrium) in the Deep Roads during The Deep Roads Expedition
- 1 (Raw Lyrium) in the Dank Cave in the Wounded Coast during Forbidden Knowledge
- 1 (Corrupted Lyrium) in a Cave in The Bone Pit during Forbidden Knowledge
- 1 (Corrupted Lyrium) in The Bone Pit during Cave Crawling
- 1 in Sundermount Caverns
- Found in a variety of forms (Raw, Corrupted and Refined), however all of the different forms contribute the same Lyrium crafting resource.
- Collecting the crafting resource counts towards the Supplier achievement.