The Lothering chantry is one of the largest buildings in Lothering and is located in the center of the village.
News of Ferelden's defeat at the Battle of Ostagar has spread, and Lothering and its Chantry are now filled with refugees from the south who are fleeing the encroaching darkspawn horde. The Revered Mother is the head of the Lothering chantry and is preparing to evacuate it whilst helping the refugees get on their way. Several chanters are present, singing the Chant of Light and feeding the holy brazier, while a few templars, commanded by Ser Bryant, try to keep the peace, with the intention to remain as long as they are needed to defend the village.Patter Gritch, who is involved in the Blackstone Irregulars' quest Scraping the Barrel, can be found near the cabinet on the far wall.
- Codex entry: The Maker
- Codex entry: The Sacred Ashes of Andraste
- Codex entry: The First Blight: Chapter 1, a book on the right near the entrance.
- Codex entry: Adventures of the Black Fox, a book on the floor to the left of the altar.
- Codex entry: The Imperial Chantry, in the room with the Revered Mother.
- The cabinet on the far wall contains Ancient Elven Boots, 4 Health Poultices, and 1 generic treasure. Ser Bryant will give the party the Chantry Cabinet Key if the player reveals they are a Grey Warden, and asks, "Is there any other help you can offer?"
pcThe Ancient Elven Boots do not appear in the cabinet.