Background[edit | edit source]
The temple is dedicated to Dirthamen, the elven God of Secrets. A revered place of worship long ago, the temple now lay dormant and neglected. Although the temple remains standing, the elements through the ages have weathered away at the foundation allowing for the stone to crumble and the ruin to be flooded.
Hidden off the southern coast of the Waking Sea, the Lost Temple of Dirthamen protects an ancient elven artifact of impossible value. Crumbling and flooded after ages of neglect, it is a dark, dangerous place full of despair.—Excerpt from the quest journal
Involvement[edit | edit source]
The temple had long been believed lost, until Cillian, an elven mage associated with the Inquisition researched a series of elven glyphs that the Inquisitor found on the Exalted plains. Research suggests that a group of treasure hunters had also located the temple several years prior, though they haven't been heard from since they left to investigate the temple.A group of explorers were hired by a man named Lord Gretien to find an artifact called Dirthamen's Wisdom. Once there, however, the explorers became haunted by unknown malevolent spirits who drove the men to insanity, eventually turning their weapons upon each other. The Inquisitor can gain access to the Temple of Dirthamen by completing the Runes in the Lost Temple war table scouting operation in Skyhold.
Areas[edit | edit source]
- Path of Shadows
- Chamber of Misery (western most room)
- Chamber of Whispers (north western most room)
- Path of Secrets
- Chamber of Despondency
- Chamber of Unheeding
- The Sanctuary
- Chamber of Sorrow
- Crypts of the Forgotten (east)
- Chamber of Torment
- Crypts of the Forgotten (west)
- Chamber of the Oracle (locked chamber)
Quests[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Freed Are Slaves (piece #11) - from the Chamber of Whispers (north westernmost chamber on the map), head east, then north; the mosaic piece is located at the end of the tunnel, behind the ice elemental barrier.
- Freed Are Slaves (piece #12) - inside the Chamber of the Oracle on the right-hand side of the door; the piece can only accessed after defeating the Highest One.
Herbs[edit | edit source]
Metals[edit | edit source]
Notable items[edit | edit source]
- In the Path of Secrets, located in the bottom right corner of the map, near two mini waterfalls.
Loot[edit | edit source]
- - found inside the Chamber of the Oracle, after defeating the Highest One; see side quest God of Secrets.
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
Note texts[edit | edit source]
- Explorers in the Temple (collection of notes)
- Explorers in the Temple (scribbled notes)
- Explorers in the Temple (stained notes)
- Explorers in the Temple (small chest)
- Explorers in the Temple (human corpse)
- Explorers in the Temple (note on a vase)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is one of the few locations that a warrior bash is required to complete a quest. The final veilfire rune can only be accessed using a warrior. If one doesn't have a warrior in the party and chooses to leave and come back with one, all the Arcane horrors and Corpses will respawn.
- Though not required to complete the quest, a rogue is needed to access some loot stashes.
- Despite being called the Lost Temple of Dirthamen, there are multiple murals depicting Falon'Din.
- The Chamber of the Oracle is the locked room adjacent to The Sanctuary, it can only be accessed after defeating the Highest One.
- A supply cache is located in the Chamber of the Oracle.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Taken from note text: Explorers in the Temple