Lace Harding is the lead scout for the Inquisition.
Harding was born in the Fereldan Hinterlands, just outside of Redcliffe, to a seamstress mother and a trader father. According to her father his bloodline can be traced to a Merchant caste family back in Orzammar however no merchant House carries that name in order to confirm this claim. Though her mother named her "Lace" in the hopes that her daughter would be as pretty and delicate, Harding quickly proved herself a strong and active child. She helped her elderly neighbor tend to her sheep, which allowed her to explore the hills of the Hinterlands at length. When the Inquisition first began to build a presence in Redcliffe, Harding volunteered to guide the newly arriving Inquisition forces. Eventually, impressed by Harding's skill, Officer Charter recruited Harding to serve as a member of the organization. She quickly became indispensable to the Inquisition thanks to her cunning, daring, and positive outlook.
She is most often found outside the tavern in Skyhold or whenever you first open up a new area in the game.
She also accompanies the Inquisition to the Frostback Basin. She escorts Professor Bram Kenric as he joins the Inquisitor inside Tevinter ruins and participates in the planning and the assault on the Hakkonite fortress. She will also speak with the Inquisitor after they defeat Hakkon.
While not a romance option, she can be flirted with on several occasions and admits to having feelings for the Inquisitor after some time. While she says they can discuss it after defeating Corypheus, no such option becomes available after the final mission.Harding also accompanies the Inquisition forces who travel to the remains of the Temple of Sacred Ashes to slay Corypheus. She has a posting at the Herald's Rest, offering dance lessons after Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts. Nothing comes of it though, as she writes in an apology saying that she has been too busy.
If the Inquisitor did not pursue a romance with any other character:
Flirting with Harding at all opportunities that are presented, it is revealed in a conversation with Vivienne that Harding and the Inquisitor are in a romantic relationship.
After the Exalted Council, Harding becomes part of the new incarnation of the Inquisition War Council, along with Cassandra and Leliana, and they meet with the Inquisitor in the basement prison of the ruins of Haven's chantry to discuss Solas' plan and how to deal with him.If Leliana did not become Divine Victoria:
Harding is one of the agents with whom Leliana had shared many responsibilities during the final months of the Inquisition as an independent organization. Many believed that Leliana feared what lay on the horizon and was grooming successors in anticipation of the challenges ahead.
- The Threat Remains
- Secure a Route through the Frostbacks (war table)
- Scout the Storm Coast (war table)
- Wardens of the Coast
- Cleaning House
- Reports of Darkspawn Activity (conditional)
- Shard Collector
- The Temple of Pride
- Investigate the Exalted Plains (war table)
- Undead Ramparts to the West
- Investigate the Western Approach (war table) (conditional)
- Make Contact in the Emerald Graves (war table)
- Liberate Emprise du Lion (war table)
- Stop Venatori Activity in the West (war table)
- Sand and Ruin
- The Tomb of Fairel
- Investigate Frostback Basin (war table)
- Jaws of Hakkon
- The Basin Beckons
- The Loss of a Friend
- On Ameridan's Trail
- Hakkon Wintersbreath
- Disaster in the Deep Roads (war table)
- The Descent
- Codex entry: Scout Harding
- Codex entry: A Letter to Harding
- Codex entry: Arboreal Fort
- Codex entry: Blood-Stained Shrine
- Codex entry: Leliana and the Last Few Years
- Codex entry: Nigel's Point
- It is lightly hinted that Harding may harbor some feelings for the Inquisitor, although this is only shown if certain dialogue options are selected.
- Josephine has sent her flowers.
- She is concerned that Leliana wants to have her killed.
- As her "romance" option is not an official one, you can pursue any of the other official romance options while still flirting with her enough times to find out her first name, and then to have a romantic relationship in Trespasser. Advancing far enough along in a romance path will make it impossible to flirt with her, however.
- She is afraid of heights.
- Harding is a member of the "Sing-Quisition."