Background[edit | edit source]
Knight-Commanders living in Circles work closely with First Enchanters, they oversee apprentice mages taking their Harrowing and can suggest the Right of Annulment to the Chantry when they feel it is necessary. Knight-Commanders are also posted outside of the Circles, ostensibly to oversee the templars hunting apostates and manning the Chantries in a given area. For instance, in 9:30-31 Ferelden has three Knight-Commanders: Tavish in Denerim, Harrith in Redcliffe, and Greagoir at Kinloch Hold.
If they decide that a threat takes priority over watching the mages, Knight-Commanders have the power to send templars serving under them away from their Circle tower to defend a nation or city against invaders. The duties and level of power of those residing in the open world are unknown. However, Knight-Commander Tavish states it is in their power to conduct their own Exalted Marches if they deem it appropriate.
A Knight-Captain, though lower-ranking, has the authority to relieve a Knight-Commander of duty if they overstep their bounds. The same right is held by Divine and Grand Clerics who may act on the suggestions of the order of the Seekers of Truth.
Known Knight-Commanders[edit | edit source]
- Delrin Barris (depending on the Inquisitor's choices) 
- Belrose (White Spire, Orlais)
- Ilyas Berasa (Rivain)
- Brycen (Hasmal, Free Marches)
- Carsten (Starkhaven, Free Marches)
- Golan Drader (Possibly Ostwick)
- Eron (White Spire, Orlais)
- Gervasio (Antiva City, Antiva)
- Glavin (Denerim, Ferelden)
- Greagoir (Kinloch Hold, Ferelden)
- Guylian  (Gallows, Kirkwall)
- Harrith (Redcliffe Village, Ferelden)
- Martel (Val Royeaux, Orlais)
- Marteu (Montsimmard, Orlais)
- Reiner (Starkhaven, Free Marches)
- Cullen Rutherford (Gallows, Kirkwall) (depending on Hawke's choices)
- Meredith Stannard (Gallows, Kirkwall)
- Tavish (Denerim, Ferelden)
- Thames (Ferelden)
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- If he survives Champions of the Just and the War table missions Save Val Colline from the Venatori, Have Ser Barris Lead Against Demons, and Investigate Man Accused of Abomination are subsequently completed, the Inquisitor promotes Barris for his valorous actions.
- Codex entry: The Creation of a Phylactery
- Aegis of the Order
- The World of Thedas, Vol II. p. 176
- Dragon Age: Asunder
- Alistair - Official Dragon Age Wiki
- Codex entry: History of Kirkwall: Chapter 4
- Codex entry: Hierarchy of the Circle
- Cullen is made Knight-Commander if Hawke chooses the Templars in the final battle
- He posts a request on Redcliffe Village's Chanter's Board.