|This page may benefit from additional or higher quality pictures. Help the wiki by uploading one. See here for help on how to do so.|
Proceed to the Storm Coast with a mage poofies, unless you are a mage yourself. It's also best to bring along Blackwall for some easy approval gains. There are four caves in total to close, to halt the darkspawn activity.
- 512 XP
- 200 Influence
- 2 Power
- Blackwall Slightly Approves upon approaching each of the four tunnel entrances.
- Blackwall Slightly Approves whenever a group of darkspawn is killed if he is in the active party. This applies when you are in the Storm Coast even if you don't have this quest. There are little groups of darkspawn throughout the area.
- Extra approval from Blackwall can be gained in the Waterfall Cave (the most southern quest mark, up Long River). Whenever you kill darkspawn without sealing the tunnel and move far enough away from tunnel entrance a few darkspawn will respawn. Head to the back of the cave and return to the original location to kill them repeatedly for extra approval.
- A quicker way (on the PC) is to quick save at the darkspawn camp near the tunnel at the northern-most camp and reload to fight them again. Works even right after you have sealed the breach. i.e. the darkspawn in the camp respawn every time you reload, so kill, save, reload, kill, etc. After each camp clear and end of combat:
Blackwall Slightly ApprovesAlso a source of Highever Weave
- Unrelated to this quest, Blackwall Slightly Approves also if you find and close a tunnel entrance in the lower section of Valammar, in the Hinterlands.
- The quest marker for the northernmost cave is somewhat deceptive as the cave entrance and energize point are both further north than the marker which is out on the beach.
- If you complete the quest section in Valammar and return to the marker point, there will be another Hurlock alpha and the Inquisitor will still comment about closing off the tunnel even though it is already closed.