A surprising number of darkspawn are surfacing on the Storm Coast and it's up to the Inquisition to put them down. They appear to be surfacing through tunnels. If these tunnels are sealed, it should keep the darkspawn underground where they belong.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Proceed to the Storm Coast.
A mage is needed to energize the debris and seal the four tunnels again, which can be found
- in the northernmost cave in Storm's Solitude,
- in the cave beneath the astrarium in the Great Cove,
- a few steps west to the mouth of the Long River, and at its end,
- in the Waterfall Cave, with a rift further south.
It makes sense to bring Blackwall along, because he not only slightly approves every time the party's nearing such a tunnel, but also for the small groups of darkspawn guarding them, each led by a hurlock alpha bruiser.
As three of these tunnels are found inside caves and one at a good hunting ground, the common Storm Coast creatures, like giant spiders and bears, might unintentionally assist the Inquisition in removing these threats – or complicate the matter, if the Inquisitor rushes in too quickly.
Considering the cold and electricity vulnerability of the deepstalkers, but the electricity resistance of the spiders to be met, might help in choosing the mage for the party. The darkspawn don't respond to elemental damage in a specific way.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 512 XP
- Influence 200
- Power 2
Approval[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Darkspawn groups may respawn without the hurlock alpha in the Waterfall Cave.
- If the Fade rift in the Waterfall Cave is sealed while completing this quest a despair demon will be waiting with cold resistance and fire vulnerability.
- Solas will slightly approve upon finding the elven artifact near the rift.
- An ocularum, three shards, a landmark and a veilfire glyph for the Lightning Rune Schematic can also be found inside the cave.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The quest marker for the tunnel in the northernmost cave is placed too far south on the map. Nevertheless the energize point can be found inside the cave.