Involvement[edit | edit source]
Janar proudly claims that his family has been part of the smith caste for a hundred generations. Furthermore, his father made his name by inventing a fauld and tasset integrated into the cuirass. As an armor merchant he sells various armor sets, such as Dwarven Massive armor set and Dwarven Heavy armor set. He also sells a few weapons and shields, all dwarven-made.
Dragon Age: Origins[edit | edit source]
If the Warden agrees to speak to the Circle of Magi on Dagna's behalf during An Unlikely Scholar quest and then tells Janar, he will ask the Warden to convince Dagna to stay in Orzammar, by telling her they were wrong and her place is with her family. Doing so will result in Dagna leaving anyway, without receiving a reward.If Dagna goes to the Kinloch Hold and the Warden tells Janar, he will refuse to barter any longer.
Dragon Age: Inquisition[edit | edit source]
Even if the Warden does not help Janar's daughter leave for the surface, she will eventually depart and earn significant renown on the surface for her scientific work on magic. If Dagna is recruited into the Inquisition she will ask the help of the Inquisitor in contacting her father to thank him for everything he taught her, as her messages do not reach him since (as a surface dwarf) she is now considered casteless.If the Inquisitor helps Dagna with her request, it is revealed that her father is still very angry and disapproving of Dagna's abandoning her family and home. Only if the Inquisition sends an entourage to Orzammar along with the package Janar will acknowledge his daughter's message and send back a very formal reply.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Large Shrapnel Trap Plans||24 0|
|Large Claw Trap Plans||24 0|
|Large Caltrop Trap Plans||12 0|
|11 35 0|
|1 40 0|
|2 20 0|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Please, don't encourage Dagna further."
- "Gah! By all the beards of my ancestors! How did you?... Where did you come from? You made a hole in my wall!"
- (referring to Dagna) "Gets a whiff of surface stink and she's like a cave tick--won't let go."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- He states that Branka was a Paragon for six months before venturing into the Deep Roads. However, this conflicts with other sources which mention eighteen years instead.
- While she was still in Orzammar, Sigrun was sent on errands by Mischa with some of these errands involving Janar.