This article may need to be cleaned up to reach a higher standard of quality.
Mostly formatting and fixing.
In Dragon Age II, a Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age: Awakening save can be imported so that decisions the Warden made in previous games will be reflected in Dragon Age II. The list of decisions are as follows (more may be possible):
1. Connor lived or died during Arl of Redcliffe. This decision is supposedly recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. Two.*
2. Mages or Templars were recruited during Broken Circle. This decision is recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. One.
3. Dalish or Werewolves were recruited during Nature of the Beast. This decision is recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. One.
4. Bhelen Aeducan or Lord Pyral Harrowmont ascended to the throne of Orzammar during A Paragon of Her Kind. This decision is recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. One.
5. Support Branka and save the Anvil, or support Caridin and destroy Anvil A Paragon of Her Kind. This decision is recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. One.
6. Andraste's Ashes revealed or disappeared during The Urn of Sacred Ashes. Ashes can only be revealed by declining Kolgrim's offer and allowing Brother Genitivi to go back to Denerim. This decision is supposedly recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. Two.*
7. Accept or decline Morrigan's ritual during Morrigan's Ritual. This decision affects #9 and #10. This decision is supposedly recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. Two.*
8. Loghain lives or dies during The Landsmeet. This decisions affects #9 and #10. This decision is supposedly recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. Two.*
9. The Warden/Alistair/Loghain kills the Archdemon during The Landsmeet. This decision affects #10. This decision is recorded in Codex entry: The Hero of Ferelden. This decision may also be recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. Two.*
10. Who ascended Ferelden's throne (the Warden, Anora, Alistair, Anora & the Warden, Anora & Alistair, or the Warden & Alistair). This decision is recorded in Codex entry: The Hero of Ferelden. This decision may also be recorded in Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. Two.*
11. If the Warden finds Shale in The Stone Prisoner DLC and she survives Dragon Age: Origins, Corff the Bartender will make an indirect reference by commenting on the declining pidgeon population of Ferelden. In DA:O, Shale can be killed during A Paragon of Her Kind if the Warden sides with Branka.
13. What the Warden did with King Cailan's body in Return to Ostagar DLC. Currently unsure what impact this has on Dragon Age II.
15. The Architect lived or died at the end of Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.
16. Nathaniel remained with the Grey Wardens or not during Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening. The only way to ensure Nathaniel remains with the Grey Wardens is to recruit him, ensure his survival, complete his personal quest and raise his approval rating over 75.
- BUG - If Nathaniel is not in your final party, the game will consider him dead even if he survives. The only way to ensure that he will be flagged as alive is thus to bring him with you to Amaranthine at the end of the game, in addition to fulfilling the above conditions.
17. Whether the Warden leaves Morrigan, stabs Morrigan, or follows her into the Eluvian at the end of Witch Hunt DLC.
18. Whether Zevran Arainai lives or dies during Dragon Age: Origins
- BUG - There is currently an issue with imported save flags where the contents of Codex entry: A Study of the Fifth Blight, Vol. Two are not recorded.
A note about DLC decisions
None of the pre-builts support any DLC decisions. If you have a DA:O save with DLC flags on it, they will be imported along with whatever pre-built you choose. It's not confirmed whether the save must be loaded first, or if the game picks it up automatically to fill in the holes left by the pre-built histories.
Decisions made during character creation
In addition to major decisions made over the course of the game, the race and background of the Warden are also reflected Codex entry: The Hero of Ferelden, amongst other codices detailed below. The pre-built histories assume the following:
|Hero of Ferelden||Human Noble|
|No Compromise||Noble Dwarf|
B. Depending on whether the Warden is a City Elf, Dalish Elf, or not an Elf at all, there is variable text in Codex entry: The City Elves
C. If the Warden is a Dwarf, there is alternate text in Codex entry: Darkspawn
D. If the Warden is a Mage, there is alternate text in Codex entry: The Tranquil
Results and Pre-built histories
The following chart describes which pre-built histories support which decisions, and the impact these decisions have on Dragon Age II:
|Decision||Choice||Result||Hero of Ferelden||Martyr||No Compromise|
|3||Dalish recruited||Enables encounter in Act 1. See The Wounded Coast|
|Werewolves recruited||Enables quest Changing One's Nature in Act 1|
|4||Bhelen Throned||Enables quest Last of His Line in Act 1|
|Support Branka, Anvil Saved||None|
|Support Branka, Anvil Destroyed||None|
|6||Ashes Revealed||Enables Miracle Makers in Act 1|
|9||Warden kills Archdemon||None|
|Loghain kills Archdemon||None|
|Alistair kills Archdemon||None|
|10||Alistair rules||Enables King Alistair (quest) in Act 3|
|Alistair & Anora rule||Enables King Alistair (quest) in Act 3|
|Anora rules, Alistair remains GW||Alistair appears during Demands of The Qun in Act 2 and bestows The Sacred Heart|
|Anora rules, Alistair is exiled||Alistair appears as a drunk patron in The Hanged Man in Act 1 and Act 2|
|11||Shale recruited & survives||Bartender in The Hanged Man mentions pigeon population in Ferelden|
|12||Warden's Keep Started & Avernus spared||Enables Dark Epiphany in Act 1|
|Warden's Keep Started & Sophia spared||Enables Terror on the Coast in Act 1|
|13||Cailan's corpse burned||None|
|Cailan's corpse fed to wolves||None|
|Cailan's corpse left to Darkspawn||None|
|14||Amaranthine saved||Enables Secret Rendezvous in Act 1|
|Vigil's Keep saved||Enables The Conspirators in Act 1|
|16||Nathaniel remains GW||Enables Finding Nathaniel in Act 3|
|Nathaniel dies/leaves GW||Enables Fool's Gold in Act 2|
|17||Let Morrigan go through the Eluvian||None|
|Went with Morrigan through the Eluvian||None|
|18||Zevran lives||Enables A Murder of Crows in Act 3|