Identify Venatori Agent is a war table mission in Dragon Age: Inquisition. It is the final part of a logic grid puzzle in which the player must identify a Venatori agent from clues uncovered by the advisors.
An excerpt from a Ben-Hassrath information report:
And an addendum:
We have learned that the Fereldan is the Venatori agent, but unless we can link her to a specific background quickly, we will lose this lead. We must remove the target immediately to stop Duke Tythas from falling prey to Venatori interests.
Josephine: Have Iron Bull tell the Ben-Hassrath to eliminate the bard.
Leliana: Have Iron Bull tell the Ben-Hassrath to eliminate the smuggler.
Cullen: Have Iron Bull tell the Ben-Hassrath to take down the Mortalitasi.
The operation text gives the player more clues for the logic grid puzzle: the Tal-Vashoth is not the bard, the elf is not the Mortalitasi, the dwarf is not the smuggler, and the target is the Fereldan human. The player's goal is to match each race given in Investigate Hunter Fell with a different background in order to identify the background of the Fereldan human (the Venatori agent). Each advisor will send the Ben-Hassrath to assassinate a different target.
- The Five Belles of Hunter Fell are an Orlesian human, a Fereldan human, an elf, a dwarf, and a Tal-Vashoth
- The Five Belles of Hunter Fell are a Mortalitasi, a dragon hunter, a bard, a smuggler, and an apostate
- The Venatori agent is the Fereldan human
- The Tal-Vashoth is not a mage
- The Tal-Vashoth is not the smuggler
- The Tal-Vashoth is not the bard
- The Elf is a mage
- The Orlesian is a mage
- The Elf is not the Mortalitasi
- The Dwarf is not the smuggler
This additional lore and logic may be useful:
- A Mortalitasi is a necromancer mage
- An apostate is a type of mage
- Dwarves have no magical ability
- Since the player must kill either the bard, the smuggler, or the Mortalitasi, assume the target must be one of those three
Logic Grid Puzzle Solution:
- The Orlesian human is the Mortalitasi
- The Fereldan human is the smuggler and the Venatori agent
- The elf is the apostate
- The dwarf is the bard
- The Tal-Vashoth is the dragon hunter
Rewards: If the correct target was chosen, the player receives 100 Influence and the Elfsnake Vitaar. If the incorrect target was chosen, the player receives 60 Influence.