Background[edit | edit source]
The House has been founded within the last 500 years. Despite its low position within the Noble caste, House Vollney is represented in the Assembly by a deshyr since the house's ancestor is a Paragon.
Known members[edit | edit source]
- Paragon Vollney: He is known for becoming a Paragon by the narrowest margin in the history of the dwarves; one single vote, tainted with allegations of corruption and bribery. These events are also recorded in the Memories.
- Lord Vollney: On the eve of the Fifth Blight he makes a 100 illegal bet that Everd Bera will defeat Mainar during a Proving. He used Beraht, the boss of the Carta at that time, to fix the match in Everd's favor.
- Lord Darvianak Vollney: He is a four time Grand Proving champion, having fought to clear his name which was implicated in his brother's murder.
- Lord Sardirak Vollney: The deshyr of House Vollney during 9:41 Dragon. He sends a letter to Lord Vollney informing him of the balance of power in the Assembly in regards to Bianca Davri's nomination for Paragon.
- Bruntin Vollney: A low ranked member of House Vollney who wants to kill Scholar Gertek because he wrote, according to Bruntin, slanders for his Paragon status.
- Varlan Vollney: For unknown reasons he joins the Legion of the Dead and becomes a close friend of Sigrun. He dies during the Legion's assault on Kal'Hirol in 9:31 Dragon. Sigrun takes his gold ring with the crest of House Vollney on it and keeps it as a reminder of her lost friend.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Bruntin eventually kills Gertek, according to Gorim, several major noble Houses such as House Meino will crush House Vollney as Gertek had their patronage.
- The unnamed "Lord Vollney" could be Lord Darvianak Vollney, but that is currently unknown.
References[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 2, p. 258
- As the work of Scholar Gertek involves the Paragons of the last 500 years.
- As mentioned by Scholar Gertek.
- According to Jarvia right after Captured started during the Dwarf Commoner Origin.
- Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 2, p. 124
- Mentioned by Sigrun during the last part of Sigrun's Roguish Past.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.