Herbs are crafting materials used to craft consumable potions in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Herbs are obtained primarily from lootable herb nodes and less frequently from enemies and containers. Tier 1 and tier 2 common herbs can be purchased from multiple merchants; and various herbs can be rewarded for completing side quests and repeatable war table operations. See the war table page for a comprehensive list of operations and rewards. Small quantities of herbs may be obtained at Skyhold by selecting the Herb Garden major upgrade.
Apart from being used to craft potions, specific quantities of herbs can be used to permanently upgrade potions at an Upgrade Table to improve their overall effectiveness. Specific herbs are also used to complete requisition quests: see the individual herb pages and requisition quest pages for additional details.
Alchemy perks Edit
There are a number of Inquisition perks related to obtaining herbs:
- Optimal Cutting - Grants 10% chance to receive extra herbs with each harvest
- Trainee Herbalists - Gain a collection of Tier 1 herbs
- Veteran Herbalists - Gain a large collection of uncommon herbs
- Master Herbalists - Gain a large collection of rare herbs
The following merchants sell tier 1 and 2 common herbs:
- Caer Bronach Merchant
- Crossroads Merchant
- Stone-Bear Hold Crafting Materials Merchant
- Village of Crestwood Merchant
- Winter Palace Merchant
Common herbs Edit
Rare herbs Edit
- Main article: Potions (Inquisition) for a list of available potions.
- Main article: Recipes (Inquisition) for a list of available crafting recipes.
War Table Edit
- Main article: War table (repeatable) for a list of availble resource operations.
Potion upgrades Edit
The following list provides the total herbal count required to upgrade potions:
|Upgrade||Increase Healing I||Increase Healing II||Totals|
| Dawn Lotus|
Tier 1 Rare Herb
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 2 Common Herb
| Prophet's Laurel|
Tier 2 Rare Herb
Grenade upgrades Edit
The following list provides the total herbal count required to upgrade grenades:
Tonic upgrades Edit
The following list provides the total herbal count required to upgrade tonics: