Background[edit | edit source]
This high dragon is an ancient beast which during the Divine Age was bound and forced to serve as the vessel for the Avvar god Hakkon Wintersbreath. Sealed by Ameridan within the Old Temple in the Frostback Basin for ages, it is finally freed in the Dragon Age by the re-formed Jaws of Hakkon.
Stats[edit | edit source]
- Level 25 Boss
- 317169 HP
- Fire vulnerability
- Immune to: All Disabling Effects
- Immune to: Slow
- Greater Cold Resistance
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Equipping the party with fire-aspected weapons will help increase damage output.
Dragon-Slaying Runes are also effective.
- Frost Breath
- Cyclone that damages anyone outside it as well as pulling the party towards Hakkon
- Hakkon may take off and fly around while breathing Ice at the party
- Hakkon can land on the upper podium, where Hakkon will summon more horrors as well as use Ice breath attacks
- Stunning Screech
- When weakened, Hakkon will flee to the raised platform and the party will have to move up to attack.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2,650 XP
- Influence 3,000
- Power 4
Loot[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Lowlanders, I am the breath of winter, the cold wind of war!"
- "Join me in battle and die!"
- "I am cold! I am war!"
- "You gain glory in death!"
Exploits[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to kill Hakkon without entering the arena. Using a mage or archer (tested using a level 20 mage), stand on the very edge of the arena, right before the ice on the ground begins and attack with fire-based abilities. The most important part of this exploit, is do not kill the Frosted Gibbering horrors or it will trigger the next portion of the battle and Hakkon will begin attacking you. The skull for the loot may glitch into an inaccessible area. This can be avoided by entering the area right before killing him and killing the Frosted Gibbering horrors, then he should fly off and land on a lower platform where he can be killed and looted without issue.