- Area of effect: 7.5m. The caster summons a grease slick for 20 seconds that reduces the movement speed by those standing on it by -50%, as well as causing them to slip unless they pass a physical resistance check against caster's spellpower.
- Affected creatures will only slip once (when the spell is cast or when the creature enters the AoE), unless the creature leaves and reenters the AoE.
- Range: 25m.
- Conjuration time: 1s.
- Spell combinations: Grease Fire, Flame Quencher.
- Activation base is in mana and values vary with fatigue%.
- Arcane Warrior spellcasting: the spell can be cast with your weapon(s) drawn.
- The effects of Grease Fire and Inferno do not stack.
- The effects of multiple overlapping Greases do stack. The slip effects only stack if the areas of effect are slightly staggered. It can take a hostile the full 20s duration to cross two slightly staggered Greases provided it slips both times. Three stacked Greases ensures it takes 20s to traverse from the movement penalty alone.
- While a high physical resist will protect against the slip effect some of the time, spell immunity granted by Anti-Magic Ward will do so all of the time. Spell resist from gear does not help prevent slipping. Some creatures are immune to the slip effect as listed in Immunities.
- Movement enhancing effects mitigate the movement penalty, while Dispel Magic, Anti-Magic Burst, and Glyph of Neutralization will remove the debuff (along with all your other spell based buffs). Anti-Magic Ward will not prevent the application of the debuff.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.