Role[edit | edit source]
The grand clerics are second only to the Divine in the Chantry's authority. Upon the death of a Divine, they are required to travel to Val Royeaux for the Grand Consensus, a meeting where they must unanimously elect the new leader of the Chantry. By law, they are prohibited from leaving the Grand Consensus until a new Divine has been proclaimed.
Grand clerics are also required to travel to Val Royeaux when the
College of Clerics convenes, but otherwise remain where they are assigned. A grand cleric has the right to invoke the Right of Annulment. As with most positions in the Andrastian Chantry, a grand cleric is always female. All grand clerics are addressed as "Your Grace".
Known grand clerics[edit | edit source]
- Bronach of Ferelden, during the end of the Blessed Age
- Callista of Val Royeaux in Orlais, during the early Dragon Age
- Elemena of Ferelden, during the Dragon Age
- Elthina of Kirkwall in the Free Marches during the Dragon Age
- Francesca of Starkhaven, in the Free Marches
- Victoire of Morel in Orlais the Dales, during the Dragon Age
- Marcelline of an unspecified city in Orlais, during the Dragon Age
- Iona of Cumberland in Nevarra, during the Dragon Age
References[edit | edit source]