The Grand Enchanter is the title given to a highly esteemed First Enchanter elected from the Circle of Magi in Thedas by the College of Enchanters. Subsequently, the Grand Enchanter is the highest-ranking mage in the countries following the Andrastian Chantry.
The obligations and responsibilities of the position are not fully defined but it can be inferred that the position is one of overseeing the First Enchanters and interacting more directly with the Chantry in regard to the administration and conduct of the Circles of Magi. They also serve as a supernatural advisor to the Divine.
Grand Enchanters wear white robes as a symbol of their position, as opposed to the black robes of First Enchanters.
Known Grand Enchanters
- Lothaire Hardouin: The First Grand Enchanter of the Circle of Magi.
- Fiona: Successor to Briaus. Her election to the position caused the College of Enchanters to be disbanded by the Chantry due to her radical views.
- The entryway of the College of the Magi in Cumberland bears sandstone busts of every Grand Enchanter who has held the office in the last six hundred years.
See alsoCodex entry: Hierarchy of the Circle
- ↑ Dragon Age RPG: Set 2, Master's Guide, p. 50
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Dragon Age: Asunder, p. 322
- ↑ Dragon Age: Asunder, pp. 340, 401
- ↑ Codex entry: The First Grand Enchanter
- ↑ Dragon Age: Asunder, pg. 336