Once you have completed the main story-line in at least one playthrough, the golden nug statue will become available in all future playthroughs. You must interact with the statue at least one time with a post-game character in order for it to become available in subsequent playthroughs.
The statue can be found in the following locations:
- Haven, next to the stables outside the main gate.
- Skyhold - Undercroft, next to the Special Shipments chest.
- Winter Palace (second visit only), next to the crafting tables. Note: Trespasser required.
- The Darvaarad, on the top floor of the 'Research Tower'. Note: Trespasser required.
Interacting with the statue will synchronize your collectables across all current and future playthroughs. Items from the following collections can be acquired:
- Schematics: these include weapons, armors, and weapon runes (tier 2 and above)
- Nursery Seeds
- Skyhold upgrades (clarification needed)
- Skyhold Customization Items (excluding Decor)
- Potion recipes
The following items cannot be transferred via the statue:
- Tier 1 schematics
- DLC schematics received via the Special Shipments (i.e. Spoils of the Qunari and Spoils of the Avvar, etc.)
- Mounts from the Deluxe, Inquisition Inquisitor's and Game of the Year editions (the war table operations unlocking the mounts must be completed each playthrough).
- Your email must be linked to either EA, Origin, or the Dragon Age Keep in order to synchronize the collections.
- For items that are linked to specific war table operations, such as the Jar of Bees Grenade Recipe, the operations will still be available in subsequent playthroughs, and the rewards will still be listed in the operation results regardless of whether you imported the item from the Golden Nug. Other rewards from the same operations (e.g., Sera approval from Red Jenny: Inquisition Needs Beeees!) remain unaffected and will still be rewarded on each playthrough.
- Recipes obtained in the usual way after synchronizing are often listed twice in inventory.
- The Golden Nug statue may randomly disappear from Skyhold's Undercroft for reasons unknown. However, with multiple attempts of fast traveling to another region and returning or restarting from the current save will eventually return the statue to its proper location.