Dalish legends[edit | edit source]
—From Codex entry: Ghilan'nain: Mother of the Halla
According to Dalish tales, Ghilan'nain was a huntress of the People and Andruil's chosen and/or beloved. There are a number of different stories involving her betrayal at the hands of an elven hunter. In the end Andruil transformed her into the first halla, and Ghilan'nain rose to a godly rank.
In Elvhenan[edit | edit source]
According to an inscription in the Temple of Mythal, Ghilan'nain herself created giants, monsters, and beasts that spanned across the sky, water, and earth. These creatures Ghilan'nain had killed in three days after Andruil approached her with an offer for apotheosis, sparing only those "monsters of air" that she presented to Andruil as a gift, some deep sea creatures and the halla. She thus became known as the youngest elven god.The sinner who dared to fly in the shape of the divine took wings at the urging of Ghilan'nain.
Symbols and shrines[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- According to the statue of Ghilan'nain at the Dalish Camp.
- Codex entry: Halla (Inquisition)
- Codex entry: Ghilan'nain: Mother of the Halla
- Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 121
- Dragon Age (tabletop RPG), Player's Guide, set 2, p. 23
- Clan Shield
- Codex entry: The Ascension of Ghilan'nain
- Codex entry: Ancient Elven Writing
- Codex entry: Constellation: Equinor