You've encountered a courageous roadside merchant who frequently braves the dangers of the road. He has little to say, but much to sell.
- Old Tegrin, a travelling dwarven merchant together with his ox and cart.
Elfroot is the common name for canavaris; the herb actually has little to do with elves other than being commonly collected and traded to outsiders by the Dalish. It is the primary ingredient in many healing salves.
Elfroot was first used by the elves of Arlathan, hence the name. The root gave their medicines particular efficacy, so when the Imperium conquered the elves, the magisters adopted its use and its popularity spread to all corners of the empire.
Elfroot is a hardy plant with large green leaves that grows wild in many places. It's so common that it tends to show up in most gardens and fields, almost like a weed. Unlike a weed, however, most people appreciate having access to the wonderful little plant. The roots can be used with very little preparation. Rubbing some of the juice on a wound, for example, will speed up healing and numb pain. And chewing on a slice of root treats minor ailments like indigestion, flatulence, and hoarse throats.
There are several varieties, but the most useful for herbalists are the Bitter, Gossamer, and Royal Elfroots.
- Codex entry: Elfroot
- Codex entry: Gardner Diary
- Codex entry: Healer's Notes at Redcliffe Crossroads
- Codex entry: Letter About Lyrium
- Codex entry: Patient Observations
- Codex entry: A Supply List
- Codex entry: Waterlogged Diary
- Dalish children learn short rhymes about plants and their characteristics, meant to help with identification of foraged goods. The rhyme about elfroot goes like this: "Heart-shaped leaved with veins of green: elfroot, to ease the pain."
- Elfroot can be combined with wine to make restorative draft.
- Occasionally, elfroot is added to dishes.
- Elfroot is known as "Hari" in Rivain. Isabela's mother, posing as a seer, assumed the identity of "Madam Hari", calling herself after the local name for elfroot.
- See Old Tegrin's Wares.
- Gentle Path is the most common World Map Encounter in the game, it will appear multiple times per playthrough and has no limitations on how often it can be encountered.
World map may refer to the following maps:
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.