The Frostback Mountain Pass is a part of Gherlen's Pass in the Frostback Mountains that leads to the gates of the dwarven city of Orzammar. Gherlen's Pass is the only safe route to cross the Frostback Mountains for year-round travel, unlike the more treacherous Sulcher's Pass.
Involvement[edit | edit source]
On the Warden's first visit to the area, a group of bounty hunters will attack as soon as the party steps close to the bridge. Orzammar is locked down; if entry is sought, there will be a confrontation with Loghain's messengers. It can be resolved by fighting or intimidating the messengers.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Starrick the Apprentice
- Tornas the Deserter with two Shady Thugs
- Faryn, a merchant.
- Imrek, a messenger of Loghain.
- Orzammar Guard: Talking to him and Imrek, part of A Paragon of Her Kind.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- 3 x Bounty hunters - melee warriors of all weapon styles, a crossbowman and a mage.
- Imrek and his bodyguards
- Tornas the Deserter (refer to the quest Dereliction of Duty).
- Brian (refer to the quest False Witness.)
Notable items[edit | edit source]
, source: Faryn's store
Codex entries[edit | edit source]
Codex entry: King Endrin Aeducan, source: after initial dialogue with the dwarven gate guard
References[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 1, p. 19