This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
The Inquisitor will have some options of Mounts. I guess more will appear during the game like bronto, I imagine qunari ride on massive oxes like bizons, but that's just an imagination of mine. From the ones already revelated, which would you choose to ride one? Horse, halla, unicorn or armored horse? I would choose halla for my 1st elven inquisitor. If bronto or other mount appeared, would you ride on that animal?FirstDrellSpectre (talk) 17:26, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
I doubt a bronto will be a ridable thing. But I guess we never know right? it could be. I know Halla is coming with the Deluxe edition which i've pre-ordered so super excited to get that and another ridable thing called a bog/unicorn or something else forgot. So I'm kinda glad that i ordered the deluxe edition. I hope they add more mounts to it. I don't know if this is only for the deluxe buyers, so don't know if ordinary copy will have halla on it. Lazare326 (talk) 17:43, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
Pony for the Dwarf (that and to kind of reference the Hobbit a bit)
Halla for Elf
Horse for Human and Qunari.
- My guess is it's more of a creepy, evil looking unicorn. After all, it has " has returned to inspire fear". And it is called a BOG unicorn, which to me, implies creepy. I'm intrigued to see it. --CountSilvershroud (talk) 00:19, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
Red Hart Halla – Traverse the perilous, living world atop this great-horned beast. This sounds awesome. Also Bog Unicorn – Once belonging to an evil marauder, this unique mount has returned to inspire fear into those who would oppose you. Also sounds nice XD Lazare326 (talk) 18:17, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
Whatever feels appropriate for the character in that playthrough. So, Halla for the elves, horse for the humans, dwarves (or bronto if it is a mount), and maybe Qunari depending on what other options there are. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:59, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
I haven't been following the news so I don't know what the bog unicorn is like but I seriously hope it's not like the unicorn from your standard fantasy setting. Dragon Age was supposed to be dark fantasy ffs. Where will we be if we have cliched elf girls riding unicorns with pink manes and rainbows shooting out of their horns.
The one other recent grim dark fantasy setting that I remember had unicorns was the Witcher. And in it people hunted and killed unicorns. Not rode them. Diain (talk) 19:18, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
If the devs don't give me a dwarven Mabari Chariot, I will not rest until I find and/or make a mod that adds one. But in actual seriousness, I'm probably going to go with a Halla. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:55, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
a giant wild cat or a wlarge mabari dog mount would be neat so would some kind of large bull or skeletal horse (like Arvak in skyrims DLC). -bronto ,large deepstalker, or for comedy reasons a giant nug for my dwarf -horse or wyvern for my human (gryffin qould be neat if possible) -halla for my elf of course -a battle bull for my qunari orjust a big horse that can handle my qunari -alternatively is some magic fade spawned hellish mount for my mage or a DRAGON!!! Blitzbear93 (talk) 05:35, April 28, 2014 (UTC)Blitzbear93 -
Check this link [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7rwytS-UpI ] the guy in the video says around 6;30 minuties in that he ask bioware about the mounts, in which they reply there will be lizard mounts, and pig mounts. So a mabri chariot not that far off for being possible.VampireBlood03 (talk) 13:03, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
- They got quite a few things wrong in this video so I'm not buying the lizard and pig thing just yet. Also, riding a pig or lizard is patently ridiculous. Unless we are going to seal breaches and win wars by making our enemies laugh so hard they give up, I think I'll stick with a horse. Though war pigs playing in the background might be cool....The Grey Unknown (talk) 14:00, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
- It doesn't sound like it has to be all that ridiculous to me. It would be easy to come up with a decent looking lizardish creature to ride on. Think along the lines of a large dragonling, or something like a Varactyl in Star Wars. And it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of someone riding giant wild boars. --CountSilvershroud (talk) 17:49, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Bring a heated crowbar if you plan to ride The Iron Bull. He may try to nuzzle... Silver Warden (talk) 18:36, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
Dragons, wyverns, griffins, eagles, anything that can fly and let me rain death or shit on my foes. If Bioware is lame and couldn't make flying work (in all seriousness though, no skin off their nose if that's the case), then a horse or wolf will be perfectly fine for my Dalish rogue archer.--Letsseethoselists (talk) 19:44, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
- There's no way we'll get a flying mount. The physics of flying are exponentially more complex than riding (or driving). Plus, wouldn't they be advertising the crap out of that? The ability to ride a dragon, griffon, or even some kind of giant bird would be a huge draw.
- It is built on the Frostbyte Engine though, and the Battlefield series has helicopters and jets. As for advertising, if they are trying to pace the rate of reveals then they would hold this one for the last hype burst or to try and placate us if it turns out there are microtransactions, forced mandatory multiplayer, and always online DRM.
- Right, just played MotA, saw them jump into the battlefield, and thought they flew like anything else. Still wish they would let me lead a dragon cult though.--Letsseethoselists (talk) 23:58, April 28, 2014 (UTC)
- I haven't played Battlefield, but I assume it's not 'open world' in the same way Inquisition will be. As in, small, fixed routes vs. a large area where the player has total control over 3d travel. Also, planes can't go backward or make sharp turns like a living creature could, so it's not quite the same. And I've yet to encounter any game with even half-way decent helicopter controls.
- Battlefield multiplayer has fully functional flight controls on very large maps and people can fly helicopters there. I think it is possible given the engine's genesis and the assets EA has available for Bioware to take advantage of. Also, no mandatory online DRM, confirmed by Bioware themselves. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:02, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
I would love to get a Halla for several characters and maybe the unicorn for another. Sadly I refuse the risk of preordering this time so I am restricted to just a horse. :( CLuhrsen (talk) 00:23, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
I want my Qunari female mage to ride a unicorn, with Varric sitting behind her, hugging her waist.
I want the ultimate Dwarven machine of war, the great and feared NUG CHARIOT. You read right folks, a chariot pulled by five highly trained, highly vicious and very hungry Nugs. BUT wait that is not all, the chariot you ride and your nugs are armored, protected from harm by the finest of hairs from the Tethras bloodline. That is right if your enemies manage to keep enough of their wits to fight you then the armor prevents ALL weapons from causing harm.
On a side note I'll be happy with a Halla, but I'd like Griffins to return. Even if I can't make them fly myself they can give an animation of slight by using them for the fast travel system.--Clee19892 (talk) 01:27, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
On IGN's breakdown video, the guy was claiming that Bioware said you'd be able to ride exotic animals, like Lizards and what not. Big ones at that. I would take it with a pinch of salt, its IGN they get things wrong.Lazare326 (talk) 06:58, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
this art of a lizard mount looks good http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs41/i/2009/044/8/e/Lizard_Horse_2_by_Either_Art.jpg Lazare326 (talk) 07:19, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't see anything in the picture that implies it's a mount. Also, is that really official concept art? The link says 'deviantart', which is fan-made stuff. Silver Warden (talk) 17:05, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
I would love to ride brontos in the game while playing a dwarf! Though it's extremely unlikely, I would like to have griffons as mounts in the game, even if only the Wardens rode them. Also, for some reason when I read the description of the bog unicorn I thought of the Ravenstag from Hannibal O___OAedan Amell (talk) 03:35, May 5, 2014 (UTC)