This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
Our merry band of misfits for DAO and DA2 seems to follow this particular pattern (not really a pattern with just two games, but whatever....)
- Circle Mage spirit healer that is also possessed by a spirit - Wynne, Anders
- Black-haired Non-Circle Mage that has played with blood magic in some form - Morrigan, Merrill
- Redhead w/ Orlesian background forced to leave because of Grand Game - Leliana, Aveline
- Nobility reject - Alistair, Varric, Sebastian
- Qunari related background - Sten, Fenris
- Lust-addled, swarthy skinned rogue - Zevran, Isabela
Based on this, I made some random guesses for DA:I companions:
- Circle Mage spirit healer - Dorian from the survey (the Tevinter magister guy)
- Non-Circle Mage that has played with blood magic in some form - ?
- Redhead w/ Orlesian background - ? (maybe Leliana again, but I'm sure we'll get at least one Orlesian companion)
- Nobility reject - Cassandra (she is Nevarran royalty - Pentaghast family)
- Qunari related background - Iron Bull from survey
- Rogue - Varric or that dark skinned lady with the pen from the survey
EDIT: Have a Circle Mage, Orlesian: Vivienne. Guess I'm wrong if she isn't a redhead.
- It would be interesting if Fiona showed up to fill the role of Circle mage. We could get some confirmation on whether or not she is Alistair's mother.
- I'm assuming Morrigan is returning as a companion, until it is confirmed otherwise. She's not like Flemeth. If she's in the game, she'll play an active role in the plot. Or maybe she's exactly like (or is possessed by?) Flemeth and will play a background role.
- Perhaps an Orlesian elf could be a companion, a servant that wants to do something important with his or her life? I personally think that would be interesting.
- Cassandra is definitely going to be a companion. BioWare is keen on getting us to like/respect her, which I already do. She's really attractive. Just saying.
- If there is someone Qunari-related in DAI, I hope that it's a female companion. We have never met a female Qunari before. Never. Tallis was only nominally Qunari (culturally and philosophically?). Racially, she's an elf. I want to see a tall, gray-skinned humanoid female character - a "true" Qunari, if I may apply prejudice to the definition of a fictional race - with or without horns, that doesn't matter to me. BioWare hasn't explored that dynamic yet. Why not do it this time? The Qunari are obviously going to appear in the game, if the first trailer is reliable. I don't see why a female Qunari couldn't play some part in the story.
- And then there's Varric. Yep. ChomskyDisciple (talk) 05:17, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
I don't mind who the companions are as long as it's not like DA2 with the companions opinions of mages and templars being based on their class, it was basically "Well I'm a warrior, so I have to be against mages, even though most of my relatives were nice, non-abominations/maleficar mages" (Seriously Carver, you were just petty and annoying). Seriously, I would like to see companions with better opinions than that, I'd want to see a loyalist Mage, someone convinced the mages shouldn't of declared independence and argue with a apostate companion and others constantly about that instead of blood magic (Merrill was great, but the constant conversations about her ignorance with demons and blood magic was ridiculous). I don't, however, want a "Magic is a curse, pity me" mage, that would be annoying, just one who thinks the templars will win and make things worse for surviving mages. I'd also like to see a warrior/rogue that's possessed (kinda like Anders was, not "possessed by force") with a spirit, I think it would be interesting with story, like how they were...possessed (is there a better word for voluntary possession?) and how they change, a total jerk could be changed by a good spirit, or made worse depending on your relationship with that person. (BTW I'm assuming they can be possessed, since those demons tried to make deals with companions in the Night Terror quest). Welshman15 (talk) 08:34, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Situation you'd like to see was already in DAO - Wynne and Morrigan. And I want no more abominations in company and more originaly characters, no more possessed healers, sexoholic rouges, devoted archers or shielded guardians of law. Mage templar mess doesn't interest me at all, I rather hear opinions of companions in every quest. In DAO was like that Sten said that securing Redcliffe is pointless, but he could be persuaded to think even a small chance is worth trying.18.104.22.168 (talk) 09:00, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Wynne was a Aequitarian who wanted independance eventually, loyalists believed that's a terrible idea in general, besides, she argued with Morrigan about the concept of the Circle (about 2-3 times), when you and your companions are involved in a all-out mage war, a loyalist mage and some companions (not just the apostate one) are going to have more hostile conversations than " Apostate "I think the circle is dumb and a prison" - Mage "No it's not" " Welshman15 (talk) 09:35, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Wynne voted against the independence of the circle in DA:Asunder and Fiona branded her as a traitor. Wynne ruined her efforts for coexistence with the Chantry, when she attacked templars, who wanted to arrest her son suspect for murder, all because of Adrian. Wynne was a Aequitarian, but she always wanted coexistence and Adrian ruined everything.22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:25, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
Personally, I wanna see Ariane and Finn come back from Witch Hunt. Why? Because they really didn't get explored at all and have potential to be more in the future.
@ ChomskyDisciple: She is insanely attractive, and I hope she'll be a romance. Her and Sigrun were my favorite females that I wanted to sleep with.
@ Welshman15, if you read Dragon Age: Asunder (which was honestly meh bordering on bad) ***SPOILER***, Evangeline de Brassard, a templar, becomes "possessed" (in that a spirit, not a demon) inhabits her body. And she might be a companion
Oh and Cullen might be one. Dear god, I hope not.....
Hopefully the 3 we saw in the trailer. I don't think you make them such a large part of the debut trailer if they are just going to be background NPCs. Just think of the potential for party banter between Varric and Morrigan. And the awkward moment when Varric and Cass meet again. --Wsowen02 (talk) 02:52, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
I seriously want Cullen and Cole as companions. And from the concept art, Cullen is most likely, but there was an excerpt about Cole talking to someone (Inquisitor?) about being alive or dead. It was somewhere on the BSN as I recall.. but seriously Cole needs to be a companion! I want Rhys too but I know he's with Evangeline and we already have Dorian so that probably writes him off. ----Nolanie
Judging by previous concept art, we have a Grey Warden (Not entirely sure) and a member of the Inquisition (most likely Cassandra). These are most likely our warriors as in one of the older videos, they showed the concept of the armour looking slightly different for each companion and these were both shown wearing plate. In the official trailer we're shown Varic reacting to any event we're told could be caused by the player, so he maybe one. I'm not entirely certain of the other companions but the Iron Bull was on a leaked list. It said he was a mercenary and in the trailer it shows a Qunari with a banner of possibly a bull skull and he is apossible warrior as we had three in the first game. Magewise it will most likely be a character from one of the novels or comics. --Halisme (talk) 20:05, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
I'd like Velanna, oddly enough.
Cassandra, Varric, and Vivienne have been confirmed as companions. I'm hoping that BioWare will make the team much more diverse this time around. My preferences for the other companions are:
- A female rogue who is either a Qunari (racially, so NOT Tallis) or an Elf (NOT Tallis)
- A female dwarven warrior (the only combination we have NEVER had in a companion), possibly from Kal-Sharok
- A male elf mage (combination only seen in DLC, with Sketch and Finn)
- And the mentor of the group, the obligatory male human warrior/rogue (maybe a Grey Warden or Templar who plays a similar role as Our Father Duncan).
This gives us 3 humans, 2 elves, 2 dwarves, and possibly one Qunari. Class-wise, we have at least 2 warriors, 2 rogues, and 2 mages. The gender ratio is 3 males to 4 females. What do you all think? ChomskyDisciple (talk) 15:39, August 7, 2013 (UTC)
The Game Informer article says that, for good or ill, Morrigan will NOT be a part member. It also hints that Cullen and Leliana might be. So that brings us up to four confirmed party members (Cassandra, Varric, Vivienne and the yet-to-be-named Grey Warden warrior we saw a year ago who, going by the prealpha footage may be The Inquisitor). Assuming we get 7-8 companions, that leaves us the apostate/blood mage sympathizer and the carefree dual-wield rogue. Luper567 (talk)
- We need the Dual wield rouge, the bow rouge, the healer mage, the damage dealer mage,the big sword warrior and the sword and shield warrior. Varric is our archer and Cassandra might be the sword and shield, that is for sure but Vivienne could be our healer (I wish), this leaves the Dual wield rouge, the damage dealer mage (most pf the time appostate) and the big sword warrior (which could be the big ass Qunari).--Dave The Maniac (talk) 17:34, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
- All the photos I've seen have Cassie as the 2H warrior. Varric is the bow rogue. There's plenty of precedent for Leliana at both bow and dual wield, if I read the tea leaves correctly. Cullen and the unnamed Warden are both sword and board. It's hard to say what what Vivienne would be; all of our previous Circle mages have been spirit healers, but that doesn't mean she is. She could be a non-blood mage damager for all we know. Luper567 (talk)
- I don't think there will to be too many DA:O characters... give us new ones, Leliana and Cullen not again pls.--Dave The Maniac (talk) 19:10, August 8, 2013 (UTC)
Cassandra, varric and vivienne have been confirmed as had a qunaria companion so. and morrigan won't be a companion or a cameo so she'll have a huge npc role. Lelliana and cullen well could be and i could see you killing them off as well. Hawke won't be he's too big but he is the cause so he may help you out. Maybe we'll get a new witch of the wilds companion as morrigan hints there are many more. Evangeline looks highly likely. Anders ? Nah, cameo most likely. I'd like to think stroud will be your companion. The devs did say that the inquisition is the big thing and all the best warriors from thedas want to join so imagine that. You control a flipping army here.
So far we have Cassandra, Varric and Vivenne confirmed. Cullen seems really, really likely. I would guess that Leliana would be in the party, but that may be just trolling on Bioware's part. I wouldn't be surprised if Leliana isn't a companion, but Cullen seems like a pretty good guess. From a combat POV, we'll probably see Leliana (maybe) acting as the duel weapon rogue, Varric as the archer, Cassandra as the two-handed weapons specialist, Cullen as the sword and shield guy, the Qunari as another two-handed guy, Vivienne as the healer and probably someone new as a blood mage/witchy character. It'd be cool to see a mage for once who didn't give a shit about the mage/Templar stuff and just wanted to be left alone to do their evil magic stuff. I know Morrigan was kinda like that, but she still had a "Templars = evil" mentality. If Leliana isn't in the party, I actually don't think they'd do it, but another flirty rogue. I love me some flirty rogue.