This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
Do custom made items count? If so, I made this awesome pair of rogue axes called Night and Sanguine (reference to Oblivion). Night does +3 cold damage, adds +2 critical chance, +15% backstab damage, and +2 health regeneration in combat, Sanguine does +3 fire damage, adds +2 critical chance, +15% backstab damage, and +2 stamina regeneration in combat.
- The Spellweaver so far. As a mage loving to get very up close and personal, it serves me well and allows a good shield, plus the messy kills! There are better longswords stat wise but magically..... I love it.
- Arcane warrior (talk) 01:46, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
Ooh, what a good forum topic! In terms of weapons, in Origins, I love Starfang. I have an obsession with this sword. I always play through the game and whenever I hit a stop point, I always cross my fingers and hope that that meteor lands in Ferelden. In Awakening, I love the Sword of Vigilance. A sword that is made out of Dragon Bone and made just for me, kind of makes me love it.--Fantasyeve87 02:08, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
For me its got to be the greatsword Vigilance pimped out with grandmaster runes, i just feel like a powerhouse, nothing cna stop me with it, and like Fantasyeve87 said, its a personal weapon made for you and crafted from the bones of a dragon, it just doesnt get any more epic than that. - Damien.
For me its two items together. As a rogue the coolest look is dual wielding Vigilance and Voice of Velvet. Those two weapons are make for each other I swear. Slap on some of the runes that enhance critical and you have the best possible assassin! --Xiorath (talk) 02:40, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
I love Starfang, it is the most beautiful weapon. I also love Varathorn's armour (why isn't there a full set?!) and the Juggernaut plate armour. Starfang + Juggernaut plate + my insanely strong warrior warden = one dead Archdemon. StormTalons (talk) 16:34, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
I would of course have to say the Fang of Fen'Harel. As it's all my Warden has to remember her mother by. Other than the boots she made for me. I always dual-wield it with The Veshialle. DeltaEcho (talk) 19:17, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree with StormTalons that Varathorn's armor is kickass. I wear it as long as I can and it looks great; a set would be awesome or alowing it to sub in the Ancient Elven set works too. Arcane warrior (talk) 21:08, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
Haven't heard much of longswords (except for Keening Blade). My Human Sword and Shield warden uses Topsider's Honor. Statwise, it's among the best longswords. Throw a Grandmaster and Master flame rune and a Grandmaster Dweomor rune and it's the perfect Templar's sword. Plus it's pretty easy to acquire. Most people get it running their first playthroughs. Well, I did at leastFrancis Cousland (talk) 01:16, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
I've always liked Topsider's Honor, because of the description mostly:
The inscription on this blade reads: "There must always be another to take up arms against the darkness. That is the core of true family beyond kin, and the unifying link that will bring day to night and allow the fallen to rest."
- For me, it's definitely the Juggernaut armor set. So shiny... SoggyBobcat (talk) 03:48, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
I like Yusaris and Mages Eye although I never had much excuse to use either since there are better weapons and I usually play S&S style. Like Aedan Cousland I like topsiders blade. It's one of the "I don't use this" items that I took into awakening.(Knight Templar (talk) 06:49, October 23, 2010 (UTC))
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Fade Wall yet. It took me a while to figure out how to get it, but it is an indispensable item for every sword and shield warrior of mine. My favorite items in awakening are the Golem Shell armor decked out in Paragon Stout runes (3x14 Constitution making him a true tank), Heartwood/Landsmeet shield (hard to choose between the 2) with legion of the dead heraldry, and of course, Vigilance. Basically everything made by Wade.--Amenson (talk) 07:22, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Honestly I don't consider Fade Wall to be a very good shield compared to some of the others, largely since the +X% to Healing bonus is glitched and doesn't do anything. Duncan's Shield and Warden Tower Shield give fairly similar bonuses with the extra stamina coming from the +3 Willpower (which is 10 less than Fade Wall but the bonus also boosts mental resistance), and they also have a +6 Defence bonus (double that of Fade Wall). Other really good shields are Bulwark of the True King, Aeducan Family Shield, Redcliffe Elite Shield, and Champion's Shield. 08:28, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
The items in Origin which I like most are the greatsword Yusaris, Juggernaut Armour, and the amulet Reflection. Reason being that all three of them have a sort of enigma about them....as to their origins and their history. Meanwhile Topsider's Honour sword is also quite awesome, plus it's description is something worth remembering. IP no. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:07, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
- You have me sitting here wondering if the tent is an item or scenery... I need to get a hobby, another hobby... 11:06, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
Starfang and the Warden Commander armour, I use them nearly every game for my Rogues. For my mages I alwats get the Staff of the Magister Lord, it kicks ass!