This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
I was just wondering what your favorite party is in Dragon Age 2. I personally liked my mage Hawke, Merril, Anders and Aveline. Aveline can tank while my mages destroy all the enemies surrounding her. Xassassinx (talk) 13:34, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
Warrior Hawke, Fenris or Aveline, Merrill and Varric.
I was fond of the Isabela, Merrill and Varric combo, with Aveline sometimes substituting for Varric. It was really more for the banter and the interactions during all of conversations/cut scenes, although they made a formidable combat force as well. Always good to have a mage in a fight, and a super quick rogue too. WhyKikyouWhy (talk) 13:43, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
With my 2h Warrior It was Anders/Bethany, Isabella/Verric and Avaline. With my S&B Damage warrior it was Anders/Bethany, Isabella, Verric/Avaline. With my Mage it's Fenris (2h tanking works well..in MOST cases) Isabella, Verric only because the in party chatter and cut scenes with sarcastic Hawke are great with those 3.TheSabi (talk) 13:46, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
DPS mage Hawke, Aveline(even though I hate her), Anders(my right hand man, just like in Awakening), Varric(Lockpick and I hated Isabela...plus she left a little while into the game).--184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:19, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
Sword & Shield Hawke, with Varric, Merrill and Isabella. I would no matter what keep Varric and Merrill, for companion quests would substitute Isabella as needed. --Astenbaud (talk) 15:35, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Seconded. With a sarcastic Hawke of course =D Kestrella (talk) 21:47, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
Because I generally play as a mage because I think they're the most fun, I take Aveline, Fenris and Varric on most main quests, and obviously when I'm doing a companion quest it varies, but most the time Aveline and Fenris are consistent. Aveline's tanking and Fenris's damage output make them perhaps the best warrior duo in both games. Weak Spot (talk) 16:31, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
For Rogue Hawke I used Fenris as tank/damage, and then Merrill and Anders as well. Anders I mostly let dps but invested points into his healing specialty tree and micromanaged that when I needed. Fenris tended to do well tanking groups from his large damage and Merrill and I decimated single target foes. Though in the final chapter I ended up swapping Anders for Aveline as I went Pro-Templars and through my choices couldn't keep Anders. Breaklance (talk) 02:00, March 21, 2011 (UTC)
Depended on what Hawk was. When I was Sword and Shield Hawk, I was with Isabela, Merrill and Anders. Great banter. Then when I was a mage, I brought avaline, anders and varric. Was ok. When I was a rogue, I used fenris, isabela and varric successfully just surviving on potions and everything dying before it could do much damage. Good banter aswell. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:40, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
With my 2H Hawke, it was Isabella, Merrill, and Anders. In the previous game, I would usually have 3 melee with one mage, but I decided to try out a 2 mage, two melee group, and it worked out great. Oh, and it was great flirting with all three of them at once ;) Impornant (talk) 17:28, March 19, 2011 (UTC)
Warrior Hawke, Isabela, Merrill and Varric
First time I was rogue Hawke with Anders, Fenris and Varric. I honestly got a bit tired of the Fenris/Anders squabbling, but they made a good team. This time, I am a mage and still have Fenris and Varric, but swapped out Anders for Merril. I *adore* the Varric/Merric interaction. He takes such good care of her ditzy little self and calls her "Daisy" which I think is sweetness. Laurelai (talk)
Mage Hawke, Anders, Varric, and other. My mage is the healer and the crowd control, Anders brings the pew pew, Varric rains death and we either have a meat shield or whoever's companion quest I happen to be doing.
Hmm, my favorite party would be ... Rogue Hawke,Anders as a both healer and damager, Aveline as a tank ofc, and Isabela, for making every banter interesting! :D--Markurion (talk) 02:28, March 20, 2011 (UTC) I used Mage Hawke, Isabela for high DPS, Varric for pick off enemies from a range and Fenris to tank.--
Male hawke, warrior or rogue, doesn't matter really, Isabella, Merrill and Bethany. I call them Hawke's hoes. Later, after Bethany goes, I switched in Aveline, but she brought too much testosterone. So I switched to Anders instead since he whines constantly. The Grey Unknown (talk) 01:53, March 21, 2011 (UTC)
With a warrior, I would have Fenris, Anders, and Varric. Fenris and I would immediately start breaking people, Anders would turn on glowy blue mode and send in aoe spells, and varric would throw down a hail of arrows. Ended many encounters in less than 10 seconds
- My male rogue (Kendall Hawke), Isabella or Varric (depending on whether I'm in dual wield or bow kind of mood), and my two mages, Merrill and Anders. I can't stand Fenris, and I'm not too big on Sebastian either. I get by without a tank, but occasionally I'll use Aveline. Although for the final battle I took all 3 mages with me. I thought that worked best for the story. LVTDUDE (talk) 02:27, March 21, 2011 (UTC)
Used a bit of a classic D&D set up; Rouge Hawk for duel wield DPS, locks, and traps, Aveline as a S&B tank, Merill for magic DPS, and Anders for healing, minor damage, and the odd buff/debuff. Subbing the appropriate character for companion quests. Gotten me through most of the game without too many problems.
1-Rogue hawke(dps), 2-İsabella(dps), 3-Aveline(tank), 4-Merryl(dps/buffer/heal)
Is this for gameplay or role playing? Because while I can't stand the character anders would take the former top role(because I can't make any other mage play his particular role, thanks bioware/ea). He is a good utility support...could say he is a tool... After that Merril for damage and either varric or isabella as a rogue depending on which is annoying me the least currently.18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:36, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Since my last post in March, I've changed a bit. I go with Mage Hawke, Varric, Merrill, and Aveline/Isabella. If I have a Warrior Hawke, I use Varric, Merrill and Isabella/Aveline. Usually, Isabella and Aveline share time as my 4th party member, depending on what quest I'm doing. I don't follow the conventional Tank/DPS/Healer/Controller roles, since I can get by with any party configuration, really. I can't stand listening to Fenris, Sebastian or Anders, so I only take them if I really need to. I tend to joke a lot, not whine about things, and I'm loyal to those that I can trust, so I tend to use male characters that fit my personality type (Varric.) Alistair was my favorite male character in DAO, even if he was a bit too whiny. Sense of humor is most important. Merrill isn't funny on her own, but paired with Varric and Isabella, she's great. Unfortunately, Anders was my favorite DAA character, and then they totally ruined him in DA2, IMHO. LVTDUDE (talk) 22:52, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
I'm always a awesome female mage and I always bring with me Isabela, Aveline and Varric. When I have Carver I use him but he dies in The Deep Roads every time. DragonEffect1710 (talk) 01:19, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
Gameplay wise: Rogue with Mark of Death and Assassination, Mage with Petrify and Death Hex, A Warrior able to stagger and the fourth member a healing oriented Anders with Panacea.
Funny dialogue Party: Varric, Isabela and Aveline or Merril.
I usually end up with a party of Mage/occasionally Rogue Hawke, Fenris, Anders and Varric. Depends on the quest, though; if it's a pro-mage quest I usually swap Fenris for Merrill, and if its pro-templar I swap Anders for Aveline. I don't really get the rivalry concept. ChemistryCat (talk) 05:48, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
My Mage!Hawke (SH/FM), with Aveline, Varric and Isabela. I occasionally swap Fenris for Aveline, and use the other companions in Isabela's slot when doing their quests. Gruedragon (talk) 12:47, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
Rouge Hawke, Fenris for crowd control, Aveline for tank, anders for healer and massive AoE spells. but if theres a boss fight. Hawke, Aveline, Anders and merril for hexes and damage--SiCK69 (talk) 16:16, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
My A-team is Aveline, Merrill, And Varric. My B-team is Bethany/Carver, Fenris/Merrill, and Isabella. My C-team is any combination that excludes Anders. Because I frikkin’ hate Anders. HELO (talk) 17:27, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
Mine is basically Mage Hawke, Anders, Fenris and either Varric or Sebastian. I like a balanced game, and as I tend to focus on force and attack spells I use Anders as a healer. Varric or Seb for traps, chests and long distance attacks, Fenris for tank. Plus I love their party banter.--Ser Mea (talk) 17:32, November 3, 2011 (UTC)
My best team is a mage Hawke (which I recently discovered is great fun), Fenris, Varric, and Anders. I am mostly a AoE damager, Anders is my healer, Varric is my crowd-controller, and Fenris is my tank. Plus the party banter between the three of them is very funny! The only time that I generally change the party is to effect the friendship/rivalry of certain characters. Kito Minatoro 21:25, November 4, 2011 (UTC)
In terms of conversation, it would have to be Fenris, Isabela/Varric and Anders. As for combat, It's practically the same thing. Warrior two-handed Hawke and Fenris can smash into crowds of enemies with ease, Anders is the healer and support, and Isabela picks traps and chests and picks off weakened enemies left over. Varric can do the same except from a distance, and he is vulnerable in hand-to-hand combat. SunflashTehMace (talk) 00:20, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
Two-handed Warrior Hawke has Isabella as love interest and therefore always brings her along (plus she's a better rogue than Varric, and I didn't have Sebastian). I liked having Bethany along but after she disappeared it was usually Merril as the mage and either Anders as a second mage or Aveline as a tank. Whocares65 (talk) 07:09, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
Depending on Hawke's class, a combination of Aveline, Anders, Fenris and Varric. If Hawke is a rogue, Varric warms the bench; if a mage, then it's Anders (although I do tend to swap Fenris out for him quite often, for additional healing and on mage-related quests); if a warrior, then it's Fenris. I don't enjoy being a tank, so Aveline is a staple in my parties. It also works out quite well in terms of banter. I don't like Isabela, Merrill or Sebastian, so they are conveniently sidelined, except for their personal quests and when I need to work on their friendship/rivalry. Nilfalasiel (talk) 11:01, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
My favourite party was: mage Hawke with maxed out elemental and entropy, Anders specialised to healing and creation ability trees, Merril specialized to entropy, and sustained mods like rock armor and elemental weapons, and Either Aveline as a tank, or Isabella to deal with heavy enemies.
For me it would mostly depend on who my Hawke was:
- If my Hawke is a mage, it would usually consist of Anders (primary healer/supporter), Carver (tank/crowd control) then Aveline or Fenris afterwards, and Varric (lockpicker/long range damager), with my Hawke filling the role of damager/aoe/occasional healer/all out badass XD
- If my Hawke is a warrior, then it would be Anders (primary healer/supporter), Bethany (aoe/damager/occasional healer) and then Merrill afterwards (aoe/damager), and Varric (same as above) who I occasionally switch out for Sebastian or Isabella for variety, with my Hawke filling the role of tank and crowd controller
- If my Hawke is a rogue, then Anders (I'm seeing a pattern here XD), Aveline or Fenris depending on who I feel for (crowd control/tanks), Bethany (for same reasons as above) and after the deep roads I just tend to occasionally fill the spot with either my other available warrior or Varric, since my Hawke tends to fill the role of lockpicker and long range damager Sevarian10 (talk) 19:47, November 12, 2011 (UTC)Sevarian10