This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
First off, just gonna say this, there will spoilers. Spoilers from "Here lies the Abyss" to be exact and one of the codex(?) entries obtained. Pretty minor stuff really, but the how its obtained can spoil it for some I suppose.
Anyway Spoilers ahoy!
Checked out yet? No, cool, guess you don't mind spoilers.
So, I just ran through the fade section of Here lies the abyss again last night. Picked up that super bizarre codex entry called "Whispers in Red Lyrium" although I couldn't actually find it in the codex so... found it on youtube instead. It's super weird. And creepy. And weird. I mean, part of my brain is saying "this is something big" then another part is just like "wut?"
Anyway, for reference this is what it is:
- WE ARE HERE
- WE HAVE WAITED
- WE HAVE SLEPT
- WE ARE SUNDERED
- WE ARE CRIPPLED
- WE ARE POLLUTED
- WE ENDURE
- WE WAIT
- WE HAVE FOUND THE DREAMS AGAIN
- WE WILL AWAKEN
My question.... who the hell is "We"?
I'm just gonna break it down a bit. Well, my exact chain of thought when reading it:
- We are here - are they in the Fade or Thedas? I mean the fade is just a twisted reflection of Thedas, right?
- we have waited - they are very old?
- we have slept - wait? is this the old gods?
- we are sundered - srsly? is it the old gods?
- we are polluted - wut? old gods are already archdemons? Or are the Old gods all connected, so they know...?
- we endure - so the old gods are surviving the taint? Or are they persevering despite the loss?
- we wait - DA4 will see their return?
- we have found the dreams again - They can speak through the fade once more? damn, troubles coming.
- we will awaken - ....OH SHIT! ITS THE DARKSPAWN... wait no... old gods?
The more I think about this, the more curious I get about it. It could be the OG's, it could be the darkspawn. Heck, it could be the elven pantheon or the forgotten ones. Could also be the formless one I suppose. Oh yeah, and the obvious one, its lyrium. Solid proof that Lyrium has a consciousness.
Oh heck, now I want to stop the lyrium abuse. Damn dwarves, mages, templars, enchanters and... fuck it... basically everyone in Thedas.
So, anyway, who do you think the "we" is, or what do you think it is?
Simple, it's the Elven Gods. Solas was the first to come back now his brothers and sisters are waiting for their return. Probably why he absorbed Flemeth, so he could be prepared and be the harbinger for their return. B.S.S.T. (talk) 15:37, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
- I think the Elven Gods are the source of the Blight, so they could be polluted. The Dread Wolf 18:07, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
- I kind of agree with you Dread, I think the forgotten ones are the source of the Blight, or the creators or whatever. It's just something about their codex entry, "he gods of terror and malice, spite and pestilence" to me it seems they are the embodiment of the blight. So, maybe the "good" elven gods are the "We" and they're polluted... doesn't Anduril's codex mention she spent a lot of time in the "abyss" and it sent her mad... 18:34, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
My completely crazy theory is that the Elven Pantheon is stuck inside the lyrium. I base this on no evidence whatsoever though, but it might be interesting. Freakium (talk) 20:02, January 9, 2015 (UTC)