Has anybody else seen these, and if so, is there an actual way to get to them? Or is it a strange bug.
You can walk around and right up to them via the area near the tavern.
I saw no such path to them. You are to walk onto the wood boards?
- You can go right up to them. There is a path that goes right under the wooden structure and then around it. I admit, I couldn't find it easily the first time, too, but do not be discouraged. It's there. You just need to find it. :)
I can't pick that chest or the one in the general store, even with 20 Cunning and 3 of the 4 lockpicking skills. How much does it take??? ~Doji Maidori
- i'm not sure, but i come back to it later during Sten's quest and pick it then. Vavasor 00:52, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
Facing the drydock, there's a path along the left (south) side of the boat frame. The path travels underneath a part of the structure, then up and around, directly to the two treasures. They're cleverly hidden, but not impossible to get to. (However, I wouldn't have even known about them had I not looked at this page.)
In the wooden crate, I found a garnet. In the chest I found a Heavy Chainmail Armor (Grey Iron). Leliana had no trouble picking that lock at level 7. (XBox 360)
I had 3 of the 4 lockpicking slots + 22 cunning and got into the chest w/ no problem, all it had in it was money, 16 sovreigns (sp?) and some change. I don't know if it was level specific treasure since it was my first time getting it at lvl 11.
- I've looted the chest several times and it was never worth the walk, let alone being 16. I seem to rememeber it being more like 8-12 and perhaps a dagger, etc. Nothing to get excited about. LVTDUDE (talk) 18:41, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
i cant remember i have ever seen something of great value in these chests and definately not 16 sove. Weird to place a shipyard half way up a hill by the way, but the tide in the lake must be extreme. PeterR 05:58, May 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Not weird at all if it's a drydock for the fisher fleet; you can just put greased logs on a path down to the water from there.
I'm on my 4th playthrough and NEVER saw those before! Thanks for the photo and path hints! I'll go back looking tonight. Ozena Lyn 10:50, May 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Hahahaha. I too, didn't even notice that chest on 1st play but on second i figured it out. Nothing scary if you don't open it OR the one in the general store. They contain nothing of importance. Just some stuff for vendors. That's all. cheers all!--Markurion (talk) 21:20, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think I would ever have noticed it without the Tab trick, which I didn't try until my third or fourth visit.--Yeti magi (talk) 07:58, January 13, 2012 (UTC)
I've opened that chest in every one of my playthroughs. It has yet to give me the same thing twice. ----Isolationistmagi 22:35, January 10, 2012 (UTC)