This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
Imagine, for this posts sake that DA3 takes place in Orlais, and if you'd like, imagine you are a Seeker or something that is likely to be in DA3. Imagine that we are in the midst of the Mage/Templar war and chaos is everywhere.
Either choose one or choose one and your LI if the main reason you'd want to bring the character is JUST because they were your LI at some point. Have fun with this one, don't get caught up in the fact they may or may not be dead, or may not fit in Orlais, or whatever. I just want to know, who would you take with you again? For me it'd probably be Fenris all around. What about you? Why? How do you think that character would react or fit into Orlais while a war is going on around them? Xelestial (talk) 23:51, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
I'd have to take Loghain with me to Orlais, just to watch his head 'asplode. Although it might make him a little Anders-y; everytime you get near a chevalier you'd have to listen to him rant about what they did to his Ferelden...and then he goes and blows up the Chantry in Val Royeaux, so maybe not... -- Denevari (talk) 23:57, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- That would be the ultimate troll on Loghain...Till the point where he blows up the Divine. Xelestial (talk) 23:59, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe not blow up...He's a bit more refined than that; he was regent after all. No, he'd send Crows. Nothing screams subtle like a tattoed elf flinging himself at an old lady. -- Denevari (talk) 00:07, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
- You people aren't thinking big enough! He should blow up the entire city as an act of revenge! Now THAT would make a statement. What's more, he probably wouldn't even feel bad about it. (Seriously Anders, you did it. It's done. Stand up for your actions.) 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:46, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
I'd have to take Fenris. He's my favorite LI and I'd love to hear (IF bioware decides to make you be able to influence the opinions of your companions) his opinion of the war if Hawke was a mage and sided with mages (obviously):). It would be entertaining. And his voice is AWESOME!!!Devilkat (talk) 00:57, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Varric, and can we turn him into an LI? Dwarfs need lovin' too! He's such a great character, good guy, funny too, and chalk full of random information (and helpful information). I just want to see as much of him as possible! Mrs.AlistairTheirin 01:16, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Oh goodness. It would be a hard one for me. All depends on the import save I would use. But if I had to choose it would be my yummy Anders. Just because he blew the Chantry sky high. Emmalee (talk) 01:29, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
I'd have to say your LI if you play as Hawke(but you wont so doesn't matter) or Varric, the greatest Dwarf ever. could join up with the seekers or new companion trying to find hawke so he can finish Hawke's story. Oh and Tallis should be there too, mainly because I love Felicia Day. S BenDev (talk) 02:52, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
- I assumed you're joking, but maybe you're not? I liked Daveth... Xelestial (talk) 23:30, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
- In my 1st playthrough, the fact that Daveth wasn't gaining xp, totally went over my head. I liked him a lot and was pretty bummed out, when he died. There's a console command that will add him to your party, at least, so I can keep my favorite thief-who's-terrible-at-thieving around.
- I'm tempted to start a fake petition on BSN to bring back Ser Jory, just to see what his DLC model would look like. Futonrevoltion (talk) 23:27, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Never noticed he didn't gain XP :(
- I'm pretty sure that Daveth gains XP, if you add him with a console command. I'm going for a maximum fuzzy wuzzy run, in my next playthrough (all of the game's rogues, as archer Rangers - cheating to bring in Daveth, and also adding Shale on Passive with Rock Mastery to make my usual difficulty level possible), so I'll find out in a couple months.
- I can console him into my current game, if you're interested enough for me to bother finding out. Futonrevoltion (talk) 01:11, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm interested, but not enough to make anyone go find that out. Thanks for the offer though. Xelestial (talk) 01:29, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
I would take Varric with me, honestly. Varric is like Garrus in Mass Effect for me. He's the best companion to have around. Plus I always like the sarcastic/joking characters in games. If I had to have a long ranged companion with me, why not have the lovable dwarf and his crossbow?--Jarson98 (talk) 04:40, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Cassandra because she's important enough to warrant her own back-story being made into a movie. And Miranda Raison has a hot voice. Hope she voices her in the English version of the movie. I might actually weep if she's not a companion. Tommyspa (talk) 07:21, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Laidlaw's favourite Orlesian bard - here. Fixed that for you. Dorquemada (talk) 09:18, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
I'd say Fenris, but he seems to be a popular choice (and my gut feeling is we will see him in DA3), so I'm going to pick Carver. Since we aren't going to be Hawke in DA3, Carver would have a chance to shine out from under his older mage sibling's shadow. (Am I the only one bugged by people purposely mis-quoting someone then saying "Fixed that for you"?) Gruedragon (talk) 13:00, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
- No, I hate that too. I never do that. It's like a big "eff you". Xelestial (talk) 23:44, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
In order (and because I like bullet points):
- Finn. I can’t even imagine the fun that could be had with a reluctant adventurer who likes studying at the Circle having to reluctantly adventuring out in a world caught up in a mage/templar conflict I bet he doesn’t have a particularly strong opinion on (other than wanting it to be over).
- Bethany/Carver. I think they each deserve a chance to adventure beyond the shadow of their elder sibling, and restoring a little truth to their family name. (Also, I would really like a shot at romancing Bethany.)
- Leliana, because I love her and she makes everything better. Except I also kinda hope she’s not a companion, because I’m holding on to the Awakenings epilogue that says she and my Warden are together in Denerim… he smiling at her as she runs about pointing at a new batch of imported Orlesian shoes, giggling.
- Ooh, Finn and siblings are good ones. What romantic you are :) Xelestial (talk) 23:44, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Bethany/Carver would be very cool. It'd need work though, so the likelihood of it dwindles. It'd first need to be programed to recognize;
- 1) Bethany or Carver
- 2) Dead or Alive
- 3) Career path, Circle or Warden / Templar or Warden
- 4) Their friendship or rivalry to Hawke
- 5) Hawke's final choices
Then on top of that they need story path alterations for #2 and four different ones for #3, two for #4 and #5. Then on top of that they'd need to fully voice all of that twice.
And in relation to #2 they'd be waving their magic wand of fate again, considering players can let their sibling die in the Deep Roads. So to bring the sibling back they'd need a situation where the sibling is found by a Architect/Larius like being. Or we left the sibling prior to being ALL DEAD and they were just MOSTLY DEAD[/princess bride] and so the Wardens found the sibling and cured them via the joining. So yeah... essentially this, now that I think about it, is a big mess to do.
I think it might be possible if it was DLC companion however. Then that gives the players the choice to pick up that story and all it's implications. It'd have to be more like Shale's DLC than Sebastian's because his involvement sucked and quests blew.
So with that said, Bethany/Carver would be cool however considering the work it'd take my one choice will be Isabela.
Zambingo (talk) 16:20, October 19, 2011 (UTC) I think only one or two would really be a big deal for them to write/voice. They could just say Bethany/Carver left the Wardens/Circle/Templars and only have one or two lines referencing their past. It's not like Anders talks about the Wardens a lot and he was DEFINITELY a Warden. Xelestial (talk) 23:44, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
I would choose Morrigan becuase I think she will be important in Dragon Age 3 anyway and also because she is my favourrite companion and my LI for my Warden. And I would also love Varric because is just awesome! 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:18, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Hmm. This is a tough one. I have a list, in order of preference, since I like many of the characters (Fenris and Anders2? Not on my list.)
- 1- Morrigan. Not my favorite companion, but I think she would dislike the Orlesians as much as me. It would make for good fun.
- 2- Varric. Great companion, but can I give the dude a dagger for pete's sake? Bianca needs a little sister.
- 3- Leliana. Still my favorite character.
- 4- Isabela. I'm sure she can have a good time ANYWHERE.
- 5- Alistair. Good man, that Alistair.
- 6- Nathaniel Howe. I sure hated his father, but I liked Nate quite a bit.
- 7- Oghren. If Orlais is as ridiculous as I think it will be, I'm gonna need a drinking partner. Slobs vs. Snobs. LVTDUDE (talk) 23:27, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Shale. Purely so I can see him join the chantry, become Divine, and have giant Andraste Golems sent out to conquer the lands! That and big mobile psycho rocks are good to have around. Unless you're a bird. TheTeaMustFlow (talk) 10:44, October 20, 2011 (GMT)
Hmm...for me its a toss up between Merrill and Isabela, they're both equally hilarious in different ways. However I imagine that the writers would try to have Merrill "mature" somehow which, although it kinda makes sense for the character, would totally ruin her appeal. Isabela is also more useful in combat so...Isabela.
For me, it would have to be between either Anders, Zevran or Oghren. Anders because 1) He was the romance I chose the most in DA2, and I refuse to have him left alone if Bioware chooses to have my PC disappear without their LI again and 2) Even if I was a healer, I always brought Anders along because he was a perfect fail safe when I was too busy/distracted in battle to notice my health was almost gone. Zevran because, again, he was the LI I chose the most in DA:O, and plus he was always the most useful and most entertaining rogue in the party. And Oghren because, well, he's Oghren; you can never go wrong with Oghren XD. Plus, if Oghren was actually able to pull it off, I wouldn't have to walk everywhere because he would come with his very own Marbari chariot army for me and my companions to travel in. Either that or a pony XD Sevarian10 (talk) 23:10, October 20, 2011 (UTC)Sevarian10
- What do you mean "disappear without their LI again?" unless you're referring to the bug. Xelestial (talk) 23:15, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
- My apologies, what I should of said was my PC instead of saying just Hawke, but I guess what I'm referring to is the whole thing people had in Awakening, in which the Warden and their LI's were separated for the whole of the expansion, unless they were with Alistair. Plus, I have a sad, sinking feeling that when the game says at the end of DA2 that the Warden and Hawke went missing, there may be a good chance that their LI's may not be with them. After all, the game makes no indication whether they may actually be missing with them or not, and if say someone was with Isabella in DA2, and the comic coming in Feb. takes place after Hawkes disappearance, then that would mean that there may be a good chance that Bioware may not have the LI's present with the PC's after they went missing if they are willing to place a possible LI away from the PC's side. But that could just be me. Sevarian10 (talk) 23:33, October 20, 2011 (UTC)Sevarian10
- Oh, understood. And no, no...I have that feeling too... :( When I first heard that disappear thing in Origins I was like "Is [insert LI] with them?!" then again at the end of DA2.../sigh. It's like BW doesn't care that when someone of says forever, we mean forever. Xelestial (talk) 23:37, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
Leliana. Йура 23:16, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
I would bring Alistair..but if he was made Bisexual as well then that's just a bonus ^_^ if you insist he not like men then maybe not moody Anders or Merrill..but I like Isabela too. Its so hard to choose!! Omegalover (talk) 02:25, October 21, 2011 (UTC)Omegalover
- coughs*. Йура 04:10, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Alistair. I've got some definite fond memories of the guy. He was my mage Warden's LI, but because of the lack of friendly fire on Normal, he was also kind of her chew toy in battle. He'd draw the attention of a bunch of enemies, then she'd nuke the area with a fireball, knocking everyone on their backs. Sometimes Alistair seemed to spend more time on the ground than on his feet, but he'd always gamely get back up for another go. I kind of imagine my Warden giggling as she did it -- "Oh, sorry, Ali-poo! That was completely an accident! Tee-hee!"
If I could abuse the LI loophole to bring someone else, I'd also bring Wynne. She has a tendency to lecture and be pedantic sometimes, but she's a great healer and an all-around good person (one who would never blow up a chantry in a fit of pique...). 188.8.131.52 (talk) 05:07, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I'd like to see Wynne back. I'd love to examine her bond with her Spirit from the Fade in a way that isn't negative like Justice/Kristoff and then obviously Justice/Anders. She'd be a great cougar LI too. Zambingo (talk) 15:43, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
I know she's not actually a companion, but I would LOVE for Serendipity to be in DA3. SHe just tickles my funny bone. And Zev, because well, dat ass. MarcoDelMarco (talk) 06:04, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
I'd probably bring Zevran or Fenris. Mostly because I love them... but also because I can't really decide over any of the companions. These are two characters I really would like to explore more. Especially Zevran, being as happy go lucky as he is I think that there is more to him.--Ser Mea (talk) 15:59, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Dog! The best companion ever. He never disapproves of anything you do, and everyone loves him, even Morrigan. Every other companion has his or her character flaws, but Dog is perfect. If only he were more useful in combat. --Sandal Amell (talk) 18:16, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I also found him useful in DA2. Great add to your group if everyone but you has died.--Ser Mea (talk) 08:42, October 22, 2011 (UTC)
in order of WANT: 1. Varric, Come on, who doesn't love this fellow, great source of information, best jokes ever, and what better source of information about Hawke can we get? 2. Oghren, just imagine Oghren at a fance party like in MotA. laughs all around! 3. Leliana, she'd feel right at home in Orlais, she'll be the Varric of DAIII (knowledge wise) 4. Velanna, Orlais destroyed the elves second homeland. there can only be hatred from her... 5. Isabela/Fenris I really like them.. lol
Alistair, Zevran, Anora, (add more characters with possible deaths here) I can't put in there, if Alistair is alive, he will be in the game, but I doubt as a companion. -- Because I Can - WhiteAden 04:03, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
It all kind of depends who you're playing as, the Warden or Hawke? Either way, i want the other as a companion, lets see how the highwaymen react then! If both Mages, they would rock.
- I think they said it'd be a new protagonist, not the Warden or Hawke. They'd be pretty cool companions though :) ChemistryCat (talk) 09:02, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it'd be an all new protagonist, regardless. For the purpose of this post and for real. Xelestial (talk) 01:52, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I really want the old Anders back XD and Alistair. They were my two favorite characters and romance options. But I seriously doubt that they'll be coming back as companions/playable characters. It would be nice if that did have a relatively large part to play though :D:D SuzieHawke (talk) 15:08, October 25, 2011 (UTC)SuzieHawke--SuzieHawke (talk) 15:08, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
I would have to say carver, I havent read them all but i bet that no one else said him. I love him as a grey warden, i just love the idea of grey wardens and carver was a good one along with nathanial. I hate everything about elvs, i don't know why but i hate them. I gave fenris to danarius without a single thourght. --Ruairi46 (talk) 18:02, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
I would like to see either Sigrun or Velanna in DA3. Provided they survived, it would be interesting to see more character development from both of them given awakenings short length. They were really the only two 9in my opinion) that lack an overwhelming character changes, I mean we already know Oghren for Origins, and Anders, Nathaniel, and Justice all have there places within DA2.
And we can of course reform Velanna to be less disdainful of humans, and we can convince Sigrun not to Kill herself by throwing herself at the darkspawn (sometimes)
I just feel that if either of them were to be given a bit of a spotlight in DA3 I would have a little more closure regarding there ending from awakening… which when I think of it could bring a sort of Alistair like cameo with multiple possibilities. Thoughts anyone?--Cheesecake Dragon (talk) 00:05, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I hated Velanna, but I did like Sigrun, so it'd be not bad to see her again. Xelestial (talk) 01:52, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
A tough question. But after a moments thought, Varric definitely takes that position - with no close second. If I was to pick one from DAO, I would probably choose Morigan, though that's not as definitive as my first choice. Alexsau1991 (talk page) 20px 00:18, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
Aside from Morrigan and Leliana who both seems to be set on returning in future DA games, I would probably choose Sten. I have grown to like his character in my playthroughs, and I think taking him with me on further adventures would be very interesting. If not, any one of Shale, Wynne, Oghren or Varric would be fine.--Stwsdv (talk) 00:29, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
Since we'll most likely be playing a new protagonist in DA3, I would love to have Carver as a companion and Love interest. I know there is not much chance of it happening but I would still love it. Soren 4ever (talk) 01:39, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Interesting...I wonder what it'd be like to romance him? Xelestial (talk) 01:52, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, it seems so, right. I was just about to name him as well! Him and maybe Tallis! Strangely enough, shes prolly the only one, besides Varric and partly Isabela, who can answer correctly to my sarcastic statements!( yeah, Xel, i just finished MoTa, and i didn't like it, wonder of wonders :P ) Markurion (talk) 06:47, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
I think that it would be cool for carver and sten tomeet up i think they would have funny banter. They would make an awesome pair of grey wardens if sten can become one. I sort of like sebastion as well, but in the playthrough im on atm I played a female and anders was my romantic interest so at the end sebastion left me. i think i might start the game again for the fifth time.
I think that Cullen would be a good choice. He has been turn from the chantry and can now see the error in the Chantry's handling of mages, thanks to Hawke and company. You can start with him leaving Kirkwall for Orlais and along the way gets attacked by Darkspawn. The Wardens come to his aid and have to give him the Joining to save his life. After Joining the Warden troops, they continue on to Orlais in order to talk with the Divine or to Tevinter/Weisshupt because of what happened in Legacy looking for answers. Bethany/Carver could be part of this as well, depending on your decisions.
Of course Sandal, Bodahn, Flemeth, Dog, Zevran, Isabela, and Alistar would have to show up, as they always do. I think even if they could make Sten a Warden, he would be great for the Corypheus problem at Weisshupt or Tevinter onslaught. ViscountHawke (talk) 19:56, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
Call me crazy, but I would actually like to see Dagna as a companion character. I feel she could offer a lot, both in lore and as comedy relief. So, yes, I know, she doesn't per se have a class associated with her, but I was thinking dwarven "mage." Before anyone gets riled up about that, let me explain. She seems to be one so eager to learn about magic, that I could picture her being the sort to do hands on research, prototype design type work. I could totally envision her evolving into this absent-minded intellectual character with a knack for "tinkering." I didn't give the idea much thought until i saw just how specialized they could make a party member, such as with Varric and Bianca. I could totally envision Dagna with a specially crafted, enchanted staff of her own design (she is smith caste, so she should know about runes and enchanting, yes?) that she uses to conduct experiments with lyrium streams and gives her the abilities to "cast" spells. Through this she could have access to a mage tree and some tree particularly tweaked to her. I picture her with goggles on her forehead, a bandolier with all sorts of elemental grenades and poultices attached, and just the general sort of nerdy field testing type aesthetic. May sound silly...but I thought I would share, especially since I found Dagna such a lovable character, which if anything, was something I found lacking in DA2. Nasare (talk) 14:36, October 29, 2011 (UTC)
I know I've already responded here, but I'd like to see Finn return. I'd like a mage companion who isn't an apostate, abomination, blood mage or otherwise possessed. Gruedragon (talk) 12:30, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
I'd have to say...Sten I have no idea why i just like him. Something about qunari makes them seem bada$$.TheProphet 14:41, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
I would love to see Knight Captain Cullen. He was so cool in DA2. I'd love to see him as a mercenary mage hunter or soldier who left the Templars because he no longer had faith in their reason for existence. Make him a companion who has trouble with lyrium addiction and women. (See mage origin story from DA:O) I think it would make for good drama and conversation plus he would be a good contrast for either a mage loving or hating hero.
I'd also love to see Anders but don't think that's possible due to how DA2 ends. In MOTA he talks to a female Hawke about children born to mage parents in the circle. How about Anders' child? Anders the father, mmmmmmm.
Fenris and Varric would be great but Leliana only in cameo. Alistair in cameo asking the hero to find the Hero of Fereldon? Can be written to fit uploaded save.
One that never has been mentioned is the mage Feynriel. He's unusual and would be fun to have. He shows up 3 times in DA2 so perhaps not a coincidence? HJHL 184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:07, October 31, 2011 (UTC)
I would like to bring Tallis with me because she in DA2 Varric said that she would return and plus I think in my opinion she's the best romance even if it's not very long. It would be interesting to continue that plus she speaks the Qunari language which would be useful after the situation with the Arishok. Greywarden1552