This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
From what I understand, traditionally in-game images (from gameplay) have been used for the quest articles. However, in DAI we also have the option to use screenshotted banner images from quest journal. Thus, as a result of editors doing a bit different things, maybe we could try and agree how to do this in a consistent manner?
- War table quests - Using banner is fine, as it's hard to see what else we could use as an image there.
- Repeatable quests/quests which fall under the same "type" - Neutral. Pros - consistency. Cons - it's making these quests articles even more boring :<
- claiming camps
- closing rifts
- Other quests/companion quests/main quests - I'm against banners here, because there are very good opportunities to take in-game pictures of lots of nice things.
My thoughts: Banner images for the War table operations, since that's about all we have to work with; screenshots for everything else (and I'd prefer screenshots that actually match the location, rather than say, one fade rift image for all locations). --♫ Kelcat Talk 21:04, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I did have an idea about doing a screenshot for fade rifts in hissing wastes, and also in all other areas, and then using "area-specific" image. And the same idea for requisitions/camps. But I'm fine with having completely individual screenshots also, it might even be better as to give editors more artistic freedom. Kewpies (talk) 21:26, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
That sounds good! So, for the requisition quests, should we stick with screenshots of the requisition tables, as Kewpies has been doing, or mix them up depending on the type of requisitions? --KeladinStorm (talk) 21:12, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes I also wonder how to do with requisition. Possible screenshots can include: a table in that area, or you can try to screenshot the item that you create when you complete the requisition. Some of these can be quite nice pictures, whereas geological survey, well, it could be interesting! Any other ideas? I don't mind any solution as long as we agree about it :) Kewpies (talk) 21:26, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for bringing my attention to this topic Kewpies as I haven't been adding too many pictures since I'm pretty new at this. I agree with everything that's been said. Using the banners for the war table operations is a little unfortunate for those few quests where the quest title is plastered over the image, but as has been mentioned, there aren't too many other options. Other than that, I think variety is the key so individual screenshots where possible -- Ness csr (talk) 12:52, January 13, 2015 (UTC)
- No problem, as it feels good to have more people involved in discussions. I'm also quite new at all this! :) Kewpies (talk) 21:55, January 14, 2015 (UTC)
Just looking through the tutorials and came across the image placeholder. As I'm not awesome at taking screenshots/finding images, is the placeholder an acceptable alternative if I can't find a decent picture or just leave the "pictures wanted" tag on there? -- Ness csr (talk) 08:15, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
- The good thing about the pictures wanted template is that it adds the to the Articles requiring pictures category, which makes it easy for users to find the articles that need the most attention. I'm not sure if the image placeholder would do the same. ♫ Kelcat Talk 08:28, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
I'm a large fan of using the quest banner that's in-game in the info-box, since it creates a uniform image for at-a-glance. Other images can be put in the gallery, no? Or in the individual sections as needed? --Emynii (talk) 00:14, August 16, 2015 (UTC)