This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
First run through I didn't even look at the wiki cause it still was new for everyone and not much info now with the info I am going through again with planning. And what I noticed is how not much for organizing by Act, not with categories nor any guide outlines. So could we have either categories or a page for each act detailing the basics (goals, items, type thing), I just don't want to create a page or category and have it an issue :)06:34, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks but that is just quests (but it wasn't easy to find (cause I couldn't) even then last night I did searches thought wikia searches aren't the best, mind you I was looking under guides/walk through, storyline seem more lore but that could just be me :P), I was hoping for all available recipes and items too. And if lucky available approval. I just feel each act is like an expansion you cannot back track to the last act and no point of looking too forward to the next with out wishing the game away. 23:31, November 16, 2011 (UTC)
I am not sure why are you saying it is hard to find :) Click the "Guides" icon in our main page portal. Then click "Dragon Age 2 Guide". There are pages for Recipes, Items (Dragon Age II) and look for each quest page for "friendship/ rivalry" information. Isn't this what you looking for? or are you looking for a comprehensive walkthrough page, where everything is in a single page? we designed a Deus Ex walkthrough page because there was a requirement for that in Deus Ex Wiki. But didn't do it here, because no one actually said that they want that kind of page. If you want to add something like that, please go ahead and create it, because I think it will make an positive impact on this Wiki. -- Snfonseka (Talk) 04:30, November 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Easy to find through search and looking under guides, wording wise (as I said Storyline does not make one think it is a guide or walk-through and do we not try to make things easier on onlookers/viewers? I am very familiar with the wiki as a whole and still, maybe a rename for that page might improve the wiki too, just a suggestion not meaning to press that it is an issue or anything). I saw too the items and recipes but still sifting through is required, but helpful enough for separating for acts. Any-who, I do have a few other things in progress but since it doesn't look to be stepping on any toes, I can work on this next. Thanks :) 07:10, November 17, 2011 (UTC)
Ok, I am still playing on doing this, infact I am about 1/2 way on collecting certain info. I am just trying to think of way to list this without it looking overwhelming see rough draft here, I thought about a table and tried from the inspired equipment guide here. I think it is key to have all goals, all unique items and notable merchant items for each act (and a few other notes as applicable). I am looking for input suggestion on how to display this content with easy to read or skim through, with out visually scaring people or seem like a load of unorganized information (I feel I have over thought it) and would love fresh point of view in anyone has any ideas. Thanks :) 04:25, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
I think it is too complex and hard to focus with all these spells/ items etc.; so I like to suggest to have separate pages for them, where the link to those pages should be in the main walkthrough page (see here). Your presentation of quests is impressive but we may need to change the order, I will give more detailed feedback (regarding the order) once we finalize the basic structure of the walkthrough page. -- Snfonseka (Talk)
- Sorry the spells are just another section of my sandbox (and wasn't intended for the examples, I'll move it out of the way to avoid confusion) 'the walk through' and 'test' headings which the links default navigated too was intended. I am a guide user I am not sure if very many people are, I don't have it for the whole game usually key points after the first couple runs, I am a fan of this guide for DA:O, and I only do ctrl-f usually, and in areas I cannot go back to ie Fade.
- I found once I compiled the walkthrough for act how as unpleasing it looks in the rough I managed to have a the best run throughs I ever had with DA2, efficient gearing, less backtracking, more gold saved and little to no regrets that I didn't have a save where I made an error in the past act. And the time and countless wiki tabs saved was so nice, DA2 really did have me on the wiki longer than I wanted and one page to look over just before or at the end of the act helped me at least.
- I know a lot is my personal experience/feeling with working with the information I felt is needed for a good guide in a list form but it cannot count for nothing neither :) I found my self using it as much as compiling it, lol. And if truly not desired for the wiki, I'll at least make use of it :) call this post my own success story ;). Reminds me on my young gaming days playing final fantasy 8, I had a note book with each Aeon by appearance and how to obtain (I didn't have a guide for the first several years and online didn't have decent sites for gaming help at the time) cause I missed one once and deleted the game out of frustration but since my list, I did so many runs the disc cannot be read by the system anymore and there is no visible scratches :P 03:23, January 13, 2012 (UTC)