This encounter occurs after Leliana tells you about Marjolaine. You'll be attacked by an assassin and several minions. After you defeat him, a dialogue cutscene with him occurs, after which Leliana will talk with you which starts the Leliana's Past quest.
- Assassin Leader - a Lieutenant archer using Scattershot, Aim and Shattering Shot.
- Assassin Archer - armed with a crossbow, has Stealth and uses Mark of Death.
- Qunari Mercenary - there are two of them. The first uses Dueling, Upset Balance, Deadly Strike and Dirty Fighting, while the second employs Rally and War Cry (upgraded with Superiority).
- Mabari (Animal, Normal)
- Witch - can cast Lightning, Chain Lightning, Weakness and Fireball.
- Wolf (Animal, Normal)
- The quickest way to finish this battle is to concentrate all fire on the leader and ignore other enemies, as they will disappear when he is defeated. However, this prevents you from obtaining the experience from slaying his underlings.
- If you have a mage with Force Field, use it on the leader at the very beginning of the battle, deal with the melee enemies, kill the witch (she won't attack until you go far enough down the path), go down and finish off last mercenary and mabari and only then slay the leader. If not, Paralyze, Misdirection Hex and similar spells will do.
- If you say that you should go to Denerim to confront Marjolaine then the conversation ends.
- If you say that you won’t let anyone harm her Leliana approves (+2)
- Leliana says that she wants to seek Marjolaine out the next time you are in Denerim.
Notable items EditQunari Sword
Red Steel (Tier 5)
Requires: 32 strength
Critical chance: 2.10%
Armor penetration: 4.80
Strength modifier: 1.10
- obtained from the Assassin Leader Antivan Longbow
Varies (Tier 1-7)
Requires: 14 dexterity
Critical chance: 1.00%
Armor penetration: 4.00
Strength modifier: 1.00
+1% ranged critical chance - obtained from the Assassin Leader Deathroot
A harmless enough plant on its own, deathroot's thick leaves contain an extract that the Chasind have used to induce hallucinations for centuries. Sufficiently concentrated, it can be made into a deadly poison.
The common name for canavaris, this herb actually has little to do with elves other than being commonly collected and traded to outsiders by the Dalish. It is the primary ingredient in many healing salves.
Use: Chewing elfroot restores a small amount of health, and those with skill can use elfroot to make more potent elixirs.
- ps3xbox360The bridge leading up to the last pair of enemies has a Fire Trap on it.
- There is a Trap Trigger just past the bridge that sets off an explosion when the bridge is crossed. However, the trap is located too far beneath the ground to be disarmable.