Background[edit | edit source]
This encounter occurs after Leliana tells you about Marjolaine. You'll be attacked by an assassin and several minions. After you defeat him, a dialogue cutscene with him occurs, after which Leliana will talk with you which starts the Leliana's Past quest.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Assassin Leader - a Lieutenant archer using Scattershot, Aim and Shattering Shot.
- Assassin Archer - armed with a crossbow, has Stealth and uses Mark of Death.
- Qunari Mercenary - there are two of them. The first uses Dueling, Upset Balance, Deadly Strike and Dirty Fighting, while the second employs Rally and War Cry (upgraded with Superiority).
- Mabari (Animal, Normal)
- Witch - can cast Lightning, Chain Lightning, Weakness and Fireball.
- Wolf (Animal, Normal)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The quickest way to finish this battle is to concentrate all fire on the leader and ignore other enemies, as they will disappear when he is defeated. However, this prevents you from obtaining the experience from slaying his underlings.
- If you have a mage with Force Field, use it on the leader at the very beginning of the battle, deal with the melee enemies, kill the witch (she won't attack until you go far enough down the path), go down and finish off last mercenary and mabari and only then slay the leader. If not, Paralyze, Misdirection Hex and similar spells will do.
Results[edit | edit source]
- If you say that you should go to Denerim to confront Marjolaine then the conversation ends.
- If you say that you won’t let anyone harm her Leliana approves (+2)
- Leliana says that she wants to seek Marjolaine out the next time you are in Denerim.
Notable items[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- ps3xbox360The bridge leading up to the last pair of enemies has a Fire Trap on it.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- There is a Trap Trigger just past the bridge that sets off an explosion when the bridge is crossed. However, the trap is located too far beneath the ground to be disarmable.