The Forbidden Oasis is a desert location located in the western parts of Orlais.
The Forbidden Oasis lies in the northern stretches of the Western Approach. It contains ancient Elven and Tevinter ruins. Relatively recent history includes the arrival of the "Envers Mining Company" from Val Firmin, who set up shop in the region to mine Serpentstone and Paragon's Luster. The miners were eventually driven mad by the sinister magic that still lingers around the place.
The Inquisition travels to the oasis after an auction yields a scroll indicating a connection between this place and the ocularum shards. To activate this war table operation one must first pick up any of the shards found throughout Orlais and Ferelden. After the Inquisition moves to Skyhold, the Venatori also search the oasis for ancient artifacts.
- Aires Peak
- Desert Edge
- DuLac's Path
- Elizabeth's Garden (East)
- Elizabeth's Garden (West)
- Envers Mining Camp
- Grant's Crossing
- Intrinsic Pool
- Par'as Cavern
- Ritual Rock
- Spiral Mine
- Upper Ledge
- Upper Walkway
Inquisitions camps Edit
- See Holding the Oasis.
- Desert Camp
- Oasis Camp
- Main article: Quests (Inquisition)
Unlock the area by completing the Investigate the Shards War table operation.
The Cold Endured
The Door in Par'as Cavern
The Fire Captured
Holding the Oasis
A Prideful Place
The Spirit Calmed
The Temple of Pride
What It's Worth
- Main article: Fade rift
- Main article: Requisitions
Collections EditGolden Scythe 4:90 Black - At the bottom of the "Spiral Mine", near the first rift from Rifts High and Low quest.
Freed Are Slaves - 1/12 pieces:
- East of Solasan Temple in the tunnel.
- Grey Warden Banner Crown - In a barrel on the cliff face in the "Envers Mining Camp" area.
After relocating to Skyhold:
Crafting materials Edit
Herbs EditBlood Lotus
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 2 Common Herb
Tier 1 Rare Herb
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 1 Rare Herb
Leather EditCanine Leather
Metals EditParagon's Luster
Notable items Edit
- At the top of "Ritual Rock".
- On the lower level of the main chamber in Solasan Temple.
After his cousin, Queen Madrigal, died in the Exalted Age, young King Semion grew into a paranoid recluse. He built Velabanchel, filling the prison fortress with anyone who displeased him - with this dagger part of his "questioning." The blade disappeared after he had died in a fire, though rumor says it passed to the Antivan Crow who killed him.
Requires: Level 17
+3% Critical Chance
+31% Critical Damage Bonus
10% chance to inflict Chain Lightning damage at 50% weapon power – During A Prideful Place quest, in the center room of the Solasan Temple.
According to stories out of Kirkwall, the military leader of the Qunari spent a number of years marooned in the Free Marches city of Kirkwall – without once receiving supplies from his people or calling for help. Why he did so, and how the Qunari got along without an arishok, is unknown. The Qunari in Kirkwall did, however, have to trade considerable supplies from their sunken ship... including the Arishok's personal face paint, created from a rare and venomous snake in Par Vollen known to kill a person in seconds.
Requires: Level 20
+4% Critical Chance
+4 Willpower – During A Prideful Place quest, in the center room of the Solasan Temple.
Master Fire Rune
Adds fire damage to each weapon strike.
+16 Fire Damage – During The Fire Captured quest, in the final room of the Solasan Temple.
Master Spirit Rune
Adds spirit damage to each weapon strike.
+16 Spirit Damage – During The Spirit Calmed quest, In the final room of the Solasan Temple.
Superb Belt of Cold Resistance
+30% Cold Resistance – During The Cold Endured quest, In the final room of the Solasan Temple.
Superb Belt of Electric Resistance
+30% Electrical Resistance – During A Prideful Place quest, in the center room of the Solasan Temple.
Superb Belt of Fire Resistance
+30% Fire Resistance – During The Fire Captured quest, in the final room of the Solasan Temple.
Superb Belt of Spirit Resistance
+30% Spirit Resistance – During The Spirit Calmed quest, In the final room of the Solasan Temple.
This blade was at every execution in the reign of Antivan King Guiomar the Younger, who personally decapitated those he decreed guilty, claiming a Maker-granted right as judge and executioner. When the Antivan Crows' Callisto di Bastion killed him, the sword was on display until stolen by an unknown party.
Requires: Level 8
Damage: 135-142 AoE
+20 AoE Damage vs. Corrupted
+3% Sunder On Hit – At the bottom of a well, In the far south-east of the map. In order to break the wooden covering of the well a character must jump a few times upon it.
Codex entries Edit
Codex entry: The Forbidden Oasis
Codex entry: The Marker
Codex entry: A Miner's Journal
Codex entry: Mysterious Book
Codex entry: Spiral Mine
Codex entry: Tracing from Temple Doors
Codex entry: The Weight of War
Codex entry: Worn Pillars
Other texts Edit
- If the location is not scouted and explored prior to reaching Skyhold, Scout Harding will state "I'm afraid we've arrived too late," that the Venatori have already set up at the temple entrance. As a result, the Inquisition will have to fight through them and a Giant, in addition to local wildlife and Fade rifts, before reaching the temple. Harding's dialogue will also change regarding the temple, from stating "this place gives me the creeps," to, "Can't say, haven't been able to get close." The dialogue regarding the mining company remains the same.
- Defeating the small Venatori groups scattered around the area results in Iron Bull Slightly Approves each time, if he is in the active party.
- The Forbidden Oasis is one of three areas that don't have a Resources war table operation, with the other two being the Storm Coast and Frostback Basin.
- pc The Inscription in the Oasis Temple may keep popping up whenever Solas is joining or leaving the active party members. This may appears in any locations.