Feastday Gifts and Feastday Pranks are downloadable content packs for Dragon Age: Origins. The gifts and pranks are fun items which allow the player to "mess around" with the party approval system. The items can be purchased from Bodahn Feddic in the Party Camp. Each companion has a unique gift and prank. Many of the items are either usable or can be equipped and possess amusing effects. Most items are restricted to a specific companion. The gifts give (+50), while the pranks give (-50).
The DLC packs were fittingly released on April 1, 2010—in other words, on April Fools' Day. Each pack is currently available separately on the Xbox Live Marketplace, the PC, and the PlayStation Store, and can also be purchased as a combined Gifts and Pranks pack.
Both "Feastday Gifts" and "Feastday Pranks" are listed as quests to be completed under the Downloadable Content category. In order to complete the "quests" one must buy at least one gift and one prank from Bodahn. This will complete the quest; the items don't actually need to be given and may be destroyed or sold.
Feastday Gifts pack
- Unlike the other gifts, Bodahn initially stocks 50 each of the Thoughtful Gift and Sugar Cake, so it can be gifted multiple times. However, there is a small fee for each item.
Feastday Pranks pack
for Wynne. It becomes an item, Cat Lady's Hobble-Stick, that can summon a cat that can be used distract enemies during combat.
for Oghren. It becomes an item, Scented Soap, that can be used by anyone to remove blood spatter.
The following pranks are not specific to anyone.
- Unlike the other pranks, Bodahn initially stocks 50 each of the Rotten Onion and Lump of Coal, so it can be gifted multiple times. However, there is a small fee for each item.
- Sten's Butterfly Sword is the only gift that (without mods) imports into Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.
- ps3 Bodahn's store resets, losing any items you have sold to him previously. This appears to happen only once as later items sold to him remain available for repurchase.
- pcps3xbox360 Upon storing the items within the party storage chest (Warden's Keep downloadable content) the gifts will reappear within Bodahn's store, and may be purchased and given to your companions again, for additional approval changes.
- pc Giving a Feastday gift to a companion when they are already at Friendly or Adore (and possibly Love) can lower that rating back to Warm. The rating does not lower numerically.
- pcxbox360 Dialog options are sometimes not available once a companion's approval rating is at certain levels. If you wish to romance a character use feastday items with caution.